Help picking speakers.

Participant count
  • Participants list

steele6794
10+ year member

Boston
I've decided to put mids in my kickpanels. Behind the kicks there is a space that measures 9" Wide x 16" Tall x 4.5" Deep. The space is mostly sealed and I will try to seal it completely, so I believe it is a good location to mount mids and I know install is extremely important so proper preparation will be done.

I'm probably going to do a 2 way plus sub. I have the popular 6.5" SB acoustic 17MFC mids in my truck and would like an upgrade over those for this project. I will be feeding them with a ppi 900.4 or buy another amp if more powerful speakers are recommended. I will be running them active using either a pioneer 80PRS or my JL twk DSP. My budget is $300-350 but less is preferred especially if performance is similar for a lot less. I'm also going to need tweeter suggestions if you want to throw some my way to match with your mid suggestions.

I know the difference between speaker performance for any given price range is negligible so I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction for a group of speakers that will give good midbass and play loud and clear...Doesn't everyone...

Sub will probably be a single ported Icon 12 to start then 2 Icon 12's. I've always wanted to try those

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.