HELP! Newb questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mdubb

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and was hoping I could get some help or suggestions. I currently own a 2019 Dodge Charger. I’m running 2 Soundstream T5 12’s on DC 3.5k. I have a 220 amp alternator, XS XP 3000 secondary battery, 0 gauge power and ground and the big 3 upgrade. I recently got 2 Sundown X15’s in a trade for some stuff and was thinking about running them, or at least 1 of them. My current setup not bad, but I want more bass. The box I have right now is only 1.5ft3 per sub and it’s sealed. So my question is, would I be better to get a custom ported box built for the Soundstream 12’s or get a custom box built and run 1 of the Sundown 15’s. My 12’s are dual 4 ohm so I have them wired to 1 ohm. The 15 is dual 2 ohm so I could also wire it to 1 ohm. Sorry for the long post LoL.

Hey there, with your bass requirements, I would suggest to get a ported box for your sundowns, and that would make those subwoofers really sing. Sealed enclosures do get loud but are more for SQ purposes so if you want BIG bass, then go ported enclosure, something like, 2.5cu feet per drive, tuned to 40hz will give you a grin and make any girly moist in your ride! ;)

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and was hoping I could get some help or suggestions. I currently own a 2019 Dodge Charger. I’m running 2 Soundstream T5 12’s on DC 3.5k. I have a 220 amp alternator, XS XP 3000 secondary battery, 0 gauge power and ground and the big 3 upgrade. I recently got 2 Sundown X15’s in a trade for some stuff and was thinking about running them, or at least 1 of them. My current setup not bad, but I want more bass. The box I have right now is only 1.5ft3 per sub and it’s sealed. So my question is, would I be better to get a custom ported box built for the Soundstream 12’s or get a custom box built and run 1 of the Sundown 15’s. My 12’s are dual 4 ohm so I have them wired to 1 ohm. The 15 is dual 2 ohm so I could also wire it to 1 ohm. Sorry for the long post LoL.

I feel either option you plan on going with will work out when you build a custom to spec enclosure!
Enclosure is key - obviously power comes in handy too 😉

Yes I know all that. I think he would best off talking to @Buck about a design if he really wants to get the best out of those subwoofers. He has done a couple thousand designs and some subwoofer companies have paid him for designs as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...