Help me choose sub amp

Participant count
  • Participants list

skip1980

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have 3 amps I am considering. I'm really only interested in these 3. All 3 are close in price, footprint size and power. All three are rated 300watts @ 2ohms. So I have a 2018 Toyota Tundra, I am running the stock head unit with a Rockford DSR1 and a JBL Dsp4086 8 channel amp running everything including the sub for now. I am wanting more from the sub so I am getting a dedicated sub amp. The 3 I am looking at is the Kicker Key 500.1, AudioControl acm-1.300 and the Rockford Fosgate T500X1br. I want 1 of these amps because of the small footprint. I am running a 10in infinity 2 ohm sub (ref1000s) in a ported box behind the rear seat. Any input would be appreciated.

Those 2 are only 500 watts at 1 ohm. I will be running it at 2 ohms which will be 300 watts. All 3 amps listed are rated 300 watts at 2 ohms.

Sorry man, I'm working from home and didn't have time to go check the specs at Crutchfield, I ran into the same thing recently, I bought a Audison APF 1D Amp which is 500w @ 4 ohms and 800w @ 2 ohms.

Anyway, all three of those are fine amps for your application, wondering why you didn't consider a JL mono Amp(?)

My little 8" Sub is also rated at 300w and I'm pumping 260w (300 peaks) and it seemes under-driven (under-powered) so I'm going with 500W. If your Sub is rated at 300w, you should give in 500w, you can adjust the gain or volume accordingly...

Jl doesn't make one with as small of a footprint as these. I have limited room. I am installing on an existing amp rack underneath passenger seat.

Tough one. Which one offers more? Audiocontrol is good and has headroom. I am sure the Kicker will have some headroom as well. Then there is the RF Power series such as the one you have listed. I am willing to bet that this one will have the most headroom (power above it's rated power). Any one of them would be good I am sure.

Tough one. Which one offers more? Audiocontrol is good and has headroom. I am sure the Kicker will have some headroom as well. Then there is the RF Power series such as the one you have listed. I am willing to bet that this one will have the most headroom (power above it's rated power). Any one of them would be good I am sure.
They honestly are all very similar that's why I'm having a hard time choosing. All about the same footprint, same power, all have bass knows, all require same size power and ground size and all very close in price. I'm kinda leaning more towards the AudioControl or the Rockford. Does anyone know if the AudioControl has an internal fan? It doesn't really look like it does. I think the Rockford has 2 fans.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.