Help me choose 4 mid bass 6.5

Participant count
  • Participant list
How would 4 of them pair up with a rockford 600.4
I honestly think that Fosgate will make any speakers dance for it. IMO Fosgate has kept a high quality standard even after moving production overseas. Paired with the sensibility of those DS18 neos, it should be loud and clear. I actually wanted to recommend these Orions, but the price point is higher.
With a sensibility of 98.8db, they are very ticklish.

Yea I am impressed with their fosgate amp... first time ever using a rockford. The inside gut pics are gorgeous... pushed 4 prv 6.5 mids to their death lol.. I think it was a little bit of a user error but oh well... lol live and learn I guess.. I'm on my way to a good audio store tk check out their hertz audio speakers today to see if i like hem also... how would you feel about hertz?

how would you feel about hertz?
I have never experienced Hertz products. From what I have read, they are hifi products and I have not come accross a negative review. On that note, I believe they are better suited for low to regular listening levels. Since you killed those PRVs, I think you enjoy higher listening levels. And just my opinion, but I do not feel PRV is even a car audio line. They always gave me the impression of belonging in pro audio. Sealed back being one of those reasons. Like they belong in the same cabinet as a woofer to prevent it from affecting the cone.

I have never experienced Hertz products. From what I have read, they are hifi products and I have not come accross a negative review. On that note, I believe they are better suited for low to regular listening levels. Since you killed those PRVs, I think you enjoy higher listening levels. And just my opinion, but I do not feel PRV is even a car audio line. They always gave me the impression of belonging in pro audio. Sealed back being one of those reasons. Like they belong in the same cabinet as a woofer to prevent it from affecting the cone.

Yes makes sense now. Everyone that has prv setups are either churchero or prv woofers with mids and horns in the dame enclosure on door panels... and yes I like higher listening levels of sound. I have 4k watts rms on my sub stage and I like to hear vocals very loud and clear.. so you think the hertz isnt suited for that application?

Also thos ds18 speakers you recommended... the rockford does 150 watts rms basically at 4 of 2 ohm depending on 4 channel or 2 channel bridged.. so roughly 170 watts rms I can get out of each channel at 4 channel I think the birth sheet said something like 780 watts total rms power. Lemme find the sheet and I'll upload it

I had the 4 prvs bridged into 2 channels so each one seen over the rms rating and with the baffle and sealed back I think I just over heated them a bit... my head unit was completely flat no loud no sla

I honestly think that Fosgate will make any speakers dance for it. IMO Fosgate has kept a high quality standard even after moving production overseas. Paired with the sensibility of those DS18 neos, it should be loud and clear. I actually wanted to recommend these Orions, but the price point is higher.
With a sensibility of 98.8db, they are very ticklish.
I dont mind the option of getting repaired speakers. I think I may go with 4 of those would you suggest getting them from the link you provided being refurbished with a warranty?

Ive been wanting to snagg a pair of these and try out..Lanzar Opti are pretty decent also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.