Help installing 5 channel amp keeping factory head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Anthony33173

CarAudio.com Newbie
Miami
Hello folks new to forum and car audio self install in general. I have a 2014 ram 1500 with a stock oem sound system and the larger touch screen head unit. I would like to upgrade the sound system and purchased 4 Rockford Fosgate 6x9’s for the door speakers in the truck, a kicker CompRT10(1ohm which I’ve kind of researched and plan to wire as 2ohm) and a 5 channel amp. I’m looking to power the new 6x9 speakers along with the 1 sub with the amp while maintaining the factory head unit. My question is how and where do I tap into the trucks factory audio wiring to access the amp and after do I run the output back to where I tapped in and will it work or do I have to wire each speaker. Your help is greatly appreciated folks I’m trying to make this install as nice as possible and am planning everything out. Thanks again guys

I’d also like to add the amp has no high freq input. So I’m guessing I’d have to convert all the audio coming into amp , however the factory wires don’t have a dedicated wire for the 5th channel (sub). Do I just leave the input empty and run cable from 5th channel output straight to the sub ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.