Help!! I cracked my windshield from 1,200 watts

Gotta LOVE Car Window Shaking BASS, eh?
Would it shock you to KNOW you cannot set up a LOW FREQ physical audio wave any lower than the LONGEST DISTANCE of the INTERIOR SPACE in which you are listening! Like IN YOUR CAR! DUH!! That's why high powered AUDIO FARTBOXES always sound a lot better WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN!!

Physics are a *****!! When I was in Computer Engineering school I saw a great sig file: "If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement I'd be unstoppable!"

Namaste

John Kuthe...
How the **** is this even relevant?

Do you have any deadening on your roof? That helps
But if your windshield flexes alot you'll have to remove the rear view mirror.

My acura did the same thing, only way way worse. 1 18 on 2k, deadened the roof and no mirror been good since. Only 135 to replace the windshield
that the thing, my widnshield doesnt even really flex. the mirror just goes balls to the walls crazy and shakes a crap ton. I have dynamated my entire car and put dynamat and dynaliner on the roof. where did you go to get your windshield replaced? Safelite told me if I had to get mine replaced I would be looking at around $890 for a new windshield, which is just plain absurd. maybe i need like a detachable mirror or something...

How the **** is this even relevant?
DUH!!! How many WATTS and how YUGE a BASS DRIVER ARRAY do YOU RUN??!! Tuned to? What's the audio in-air WAVELENGTH inside your Fartbox? Open a window, what does the maximal audio in-air WAVELENGTH?

Get it now? PHYSICS!!

John Kuthe...

DUH!!! How many WATTS and how YUGE a BASS DRIVER ARRAY do YOU RUN??!! Tuned to? What's the audio in-air WAVELENGTH inside your Fartbox? Open a window, what does the maximal audio in-air WAVELENGTH?
Get it now? PHYSICS!!

John Kuthe...
My box is tuned to somewhere between 38-40 hz, according to rockford fosgate. It is a pre-loaded enclosure that has 2 12 inch subs. I dont really know about the in air wavelength stuff, never really though about that. but my friend has a dB reader and the inside of the car with the windows up only reaches around 99 or 100 decibels on the loudest notes, which is like nothing compared to competition set ups and stuff, where people are pushing out around 150 or 160 dB.

that the thing, my widnshield doesnt even really flex. the mirror just goes balls to the walls crazy and shakes a crap ton. I have dynamated my entire car and put dynamat and dynaliner on the roof. where did you go to get your windshield replaced? Safelite told me if I had to get mine replaced I would be looking at around $890 for a new windshield, which is just plain absurd. maybe i need like a detachable mirror or something...
Are you sure the mirror was right? My windshield flexes pretty hard

Just called a local mobile glass company. Had another done on my 87 c20 for 125

your mirror button came off and took a small chunk of glass with it. This compromised the inside layer of the windshield, (windshields are 2 layers of glass with plastic in between; it's why they don't fall apart into a million pieces and stay together somewhat) and it started cracking from there. most likely, it's not repairable since it's already that big. If you do get it replaced, you can have the technician take the button off the new shield and make a bracket for the mirror coming off the roof...or run without it entirely. I was a glass tech for 3 years, sometimes you have to swap mirror buttons for different years and different car options; its not hard for them.

Get it now? PHYSICS!!

John Kuthe...
I seriously hope you get a mental evaluation in the near future.

This thread is crazy. Your 2 12s did not break your windshield. You prly never even heard a loud system that’s able to break glass. Your prly at 140db if your lucky. Your windshield had a flaw and broke on it’s own, things like that happen.

...I dont really know about the in air wavelength stuff, never really though about that. ...
You never really THOUGHT ABOUT PHYSICS??!!

You are a DUMBSHIT!! We all exist in this tightly guided socially collective yet individually sensed sensory hallucination we collectively define as "Reality" and YOU never really thought about Physics?

John Kuthe...

Are you sure the mirror was right? My windshield flexes pretty hard
Just called a local mobile glass company. Had another done on my 87 c20 for 125
thats the thing, im pretty sure something was wrong with my mirror or that should not have happened. well i guess all i can really do at this point is wait to see if its fixable, and if it is then Ill try to either find a better mirror or mount it to the roof or something..

your mirror button came off and took a small chunk of glass with it. This compromised the inside layer of the windshield, (windshields are 2 layers of glass with plastic in between; it's why they don't fall apart into a million pieces and stay together somewhat) and it started cracking from there. most likely, it's not repairable since it's already that big. If you do get it replaced, you can have the technician take the button off the new shield and make a bracket for the mirror coming off the roof...or run without it entirely. I was a glass tech for 3 years, sometimes you have to swap mirror buttons for different years and different car options; its not hard for them.
thank you for the help / advice! so if i need to get it replaced (looking more and more like it all the time... ugh) would i just ask the repair place to mount my mirror to the roof or headliner or something like that? its illegal here to drive without a center mirror. but thank you for the help though! now to just find a place that can replace my windshield for less than 890 dollars...

This thread is crazy. Your 2 12s did not break your windshield. You prly never even heard a loud system that’s able to break glass. Your prly at 140db if your lucky. Your windshield had a flaw and broke on it’s own, things like that happen.
ok phew! yeah that the thing, I was thinking there is no way possible that my 2 12's could crack a windshield at only 1,200 watts cause thats pretty much nothing. you are right that i haven't heard a crazy loud system yet. im hoping it was just a flaw in the mirror or something so that i dont crack the windshield once it gets fixed or replaced. but thank you, it makes me feel a lot more confident about buying a new windshield and stuff to hear that this was probably just a flaw witht he windshield or mirror.

yeah your system did not break your window, i'm thinking this is a troll so probably what happened was you right hand fist pumped into your aluminum ray bans hanging from a fat chicks g-string hanging from your rear view and the glasses cracked the windshield

jk you dont really seem that trollish reading the rest of the thread

almost every version of women's undergarments are word blocked lol

Fvck this I’m selling my sundowns and buying Rockford p3s !!!
Right!! My 15's just aren't doing their job....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.