Help.. Dont know anything about car audio read and give me some ideas please

hey man im thinking about going with this.. https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c578f9ab165a/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0040_SSD/product_overview.shopscript ... either the 12 or the 15... most likely the 12... what amp would you suggest for that? thanks alot dude idk anything about powering speakers and stuff... i know about guitar amps and speakers but its different than car audio... if the sub i get says 800w rms, does that mean my amp would have to be 800 rms? if i powered it with a 1000rms amp it would blow the speaker or something?

hey man im thinking about going with this.. https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c578f9ab165a/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0040_SSD/product_overview.shopscript ... either the 12 or the 15... most likely the 12... what amp would you suggest for that? thanks alot dude idk anything about powering speakers and stuff... i know about guitar amps and speakers but its different than car audio... if the sub i get says 800w rms, does that mean my amp would have to be 800 rms? if i powered it with a 1000rms amp it would blow the speaker or something?
The SSD is a nice sub, but I'd probably go ahead and step up to the 12" or 15" Q (2 ohm dvc). For power I'd consider the Audioque AQ1200D.

Fi Q- https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c57951f14d57/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0030_Q/product_overview.shopscript

Audioque AQ1200D - Audioque: Amps: AQ1200D

The audioque amplifier can be purchased at the link I provided. Just click the ORDER button at the top of the page.

What are you planning to do with your front stage?

Gotta love the hate.

From reading the posts in here I've noticed some people seem to be doing the "professional quality" or competition stuff. Are you looking to do competition? Or do you just want a system in your car that plays well and sounds good?

Car audio is preference based. Those Rockfords you posted i would run for the sole fact being they're Rockford and I know from experience Rockford kicks ass and kicks ass well.

If you're looking to spend a little more, check out AudioPipe.

RMS is your continuous wattage that the amp pushes and the RMS on the sub is what it pulls continuously. If an amp just says 1000W, that is usually the max. When shopping, make sure your RMS on your amp is equal or more than that of the RMS of the sub.

-Zach

Gotta love the hate.
From reading the posts in here I've noticed some people seem to be doing the "professional quality" or competition stuff. Are you looking to do competition? Or do you just want a system in your car that plays well and sounds good?

Car audio is preference based. Those Rockfords you posted i would run for the sole fact being they're Rockford and I know from experience Rockford kicks ass and kicks ass well.

RMS is your continuous wattage that the amp pushes and the RMS on the sub is what it pulls continuously. If an amp just says 1000W, that is usually the max. When shopping, make sure your RMS on your amp is equal or more than that of the RMS of the sub.

-Zach
You're clueless, and your input won't be needed.

Thanks...

Gotta love the hate.

-Zach
lulz... wow man wow is all I can say

Guess I was wrong in thinking I found a site where people didn't all conform to something one guy started. Hey man if you ever wanna know how to build a system on a budget, or if what they tell you to do sounds shitty, hit me up. My family has been doing this a lot longer than these people have.

- Zach

not too sure about the front speakers yet.. slowly going to buy everything i need... So that audioque aq1200D would be good for 2 FI Q SSD 12s? or just one? im going to get one next payday and another the payday after that

Guess I was wrong in thinking I found a site where people didn't all conform to something one guy started. Hey man if you ever wanna know how to build a system on a budget, or if what they tell you to do sounds shitty, hit me up. My family has been doing this a lot longer than these people have.
- Zach
people dont conform here... we just realize that theres better stuff out there than lanzar, xplod, and new rockford

Point is, you get what you can afford and what suits your listening/music preferences, and if that is lanzar and xplod, thats fine, but dont act like its a piece of gold that came straight outta gods ass...

Listen to misfit. Don't mix sub sizes, and if you buy good quality and take care with the install you'll be much happier than buying big box store junk that will perform poorly then fail. RF does make good stuff but NOT the prime line (They did a series 1 line in the late 80s early 90s that I wasted my hard earned money on and I haven't bought their stuff since). If you only have an "entry level" budget I'd strongly encourage you to buy stuff used off the forum (from legit members). I've got a ton of gear off here at coupon prices.

DO plan to budget enough for wiring/install and other odds and ends that you're not thinking about (and a box for the sub for sure). 150-200$ for box, wiring, and install kit for your head unit. This is the foundation of your whole system. Build a solid box and ample wiring and upgrades will be much easier down the road and you don't have to worry about weak links there.

Don't buy anything at best buy period. I went through a bunch of head units from them and they were all just **** and priced about 30% more than they could be had for online.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.