Help.. Dont know anything about car audio read and give me some ideas please

kmk4juggalo20
10+ year member

ohio
hey guys i need some help... just got a car and it has no radio at the moment.. ima get a cd player and i want to get a nice system but im not sure what to get.... Im going to be listening to rap with heavy bass but also i listen to alot of heavy metal and rock... i've heard from some people that either a 12 or a 15" sub and 2 8" subs would do good for that... but i just dont know ...im guessing the 12 or 15 for the lows with the rap and the 8's for the fast metal... can anyone give me some ideas for some good subs and an amp to power it with? please and thanks... email me at kmk4juggalo20@hotmail.com or send message on here..

There's absolutely no reason to mix subwoofer sizes. Whoever told you that is just as clueless as yourself.

Get yourself a nice sub (DC, Fi, Audioque, Incriminator, SSA, Digital Designs, Sundown Audio etc) and put it into a proper enclosure.

DC - DC Audio - Home (you'll have to call them or find a local dealer)

Fi - http://www.ficaraudio.com

SSA - Sound Solutions Audio SSA Subwoofers

Incriminator - Incriminator Audio Subwoofers @ SSA

Audioque - Audioque

Digital Designs - Digital Designs Speakers Made in the USA - Car, Home, and Personal Audio | ddaudio.com (you'll have to call them or find a local dealer)

Sundown - Sundown Audio Subwoofers @ SSA

As far as amplifiers, look into Sundown, Audioque, Arc Audio, US Amps, Rockford Fosgate, Incriminator Audio, ZED, etc...

Everything depends on your budget. You may have to settle for Boss and Lanzar. I don't know, because you didn't mention anything about how much money you want to spend.

yeah someone told me not to mix woofer sizes but then someone else told me to... you think 2 10"s would be good for mixing rap and metal?? and i want to get a real nice system just not all at once so i wasnt too worried about a budget.. just wanted to get a good setup eventually..

for metal you'll want a good set of components to get the midbass response, subs aren't designed to play the midbass area that is so prominent in metal and rock music... so get a good set of comps and 1 12 or 15 or whatever subs will work for your needs... What's your budget? SQ or SPL? Space limitations? but as misfit said don't combine sub sizes

very simple here...buy two infinity reference 12's off ebay for like 60$ run them sealed off like 500--600 watts...subs are super cheap box will be super cheap off ebay also...you will be very happy with them. its a very musical speaker and will give you what youre looking for with your wide taste in music

Your enclosure is more important than sub size. I used 2 15s in my Jeep that I compete with but also use for daily. I listen to music from Lil Wayne and Gorilla Zoe to Deftones and Fear Factory. I also have a friend with 2 12's that is tuned for high 30hz. You can make any size sub do what you want. If you want best of all tuning then go with a good solid sealed enclosure. This will give you good bass response throughout the frequency band. A vented box will give you more sound and spl to its tuned frequency. Dont cheap out on equipment either. Not all gear is made the same. GL with your ride.

Commenting mainly on the mixed sub sizes here.

I know for my Cavi my perfect setup for full range of bass will be 2 10's and 2 12's. i'll be running 4 inch highs in the front and 6x9's in the rears. I don't amp my highs because truth be told you don't really need to. Your deck pushes enough wattage to your speakers that you don't really need to, unless you're running really high end highs such as Lanzar. You can run a perfectly good setup without doing that. It's different for each car but 2 10's and 2 12's will do a full range very well.

Make sure when you first setup everything, don't just point your sub towards your trunk (away from the driver). Try facing it towards you as well. Again each car is acoustically different. My buddies Ecplise is a hatchback and his sub works better facing away from him, where as i have mine facing towards me. My seats fold down also, but even with them up i get better sound with it towards me.

You don't need the most expensive deck. I've run an "el cheapo" Kenwood deck before, and it had killer sound (I really like Kenwoods, BTW). Bluetooth is nice and all, but if you're not gonna buy the stuff for it then whats the piont?

Hope this helps in decision making.

- Zach

Don't mix sub sizes and get good gear, all that stuff misfit listed are very nice subs and would not be disappointed in any of them if you get a proper enclosure and give clean power from a good quality amp. If you want midbass like all the kick drums in metal and rock you'll need good component speakers and put an amp to them.

I know for my Cavi my perfect setup for full range of bass will be 2 10's and 2 12's. i'll be running 4 inch highs in the front and 6x9's in the rears. I don't amp my highs because truth be told you don't really need to. Your deck pushes enough wattage to your speakers that you don't really need to, unless you're running really high end highs such as Lanzar.
Pay no mind to anything this idiot said.

Thank you...

I know for my Cavi my perfect setup for full range of bass will be 2 10's and 2 12's. i'll be running 4 inch highs in the front and 6x9's in the rears. I don't amp my highs because truth be told you don't really need to. Your deck pushes enough wattage to your speakers that you don't really need to, unless you're running really high end highs such as Lanzar. You can run a perfectly good setup without doing that. It's different for each car but 2 10's and 2 12's will do a full range very well.
I lol'd at this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.