Hello

Participant count
  • Participant list
Welcome to the Site!! There is quite a bit of information on here and people that can help with questions also. Do some browsing!!

Thanks! I have been doing a lot of reading and gaining knowledge along the way. So much of this is hard for an old man to comprehend. I am gaining knowledge for my build on my 2011 F150. I am looking for what I think is call SQ.

Thanks! I have been doing a lot of reading and gaining knowledge along the way. So much of this is hard for an old man to comprehend. I am gaining knowledge for my build on my 2011 F150. I am looking for what I think is call SQ.
SQ can get expensive if you arent careful. Most of these vehicles create quite a bit of road noise in the cabin areas, and rattles from Plastics used. You can do a quality type build out and set a budget and try to get some information from others with decent quality gear for the budget

SQ can get expensive if you arent careful. Most of these vehicles create quite a bit of road noise in the cabin areas, and rattles from Plastics used. You can do a quality type build out and set a budget and try to get some information from others with decent quality gear for the budget

I guess SQ was not the proper phrasing. I am not looking for just loud and tons of bass. I am thinking a 3 way front stage with a small sub to fill in. I upgraded the speakers when I bought the truck to Infinity reference 6x8's. I plan to use a 6 channel amp for the front stage and a 4 channel for the rear and sub. I would like to keep the stock HU and use a sound processor with maybe a dsp. The dsp is kinda scary for a first timer. So that might be a later add on. I don't have a budget per say. I like nice things and willing to pay for quality. If my past adventures are any indication....I will be deep into this obsessing over this. That seems to be a trend here . lol

I guess SQ was not the proper phrasing. I am not looking for just loud and tons of bass. I am thinking a 3 way front stage with a small sub to fill in. I upgraded the speakers when I bought the truck to Infinity reference 6x8's. I plan to use a 6 channel amp for the front stage and a 4 channel for the rear and sub. I would like to keep the stock HU and use a sound processor with maybe a dsp. The dsp is kinda scary for a first timer. So that might be a later add on. I don't have a budget per say. I like nice things and willing to pay for quality. If my past adventures are any indication....I will be deep into this obsessing over this. That seems to be a trend here . lol
Thats what I call an enhanced Stock Upgradded system, SQ can get very expensive. A set of Hertz Mille Components can run up to and beyond $1k.I would get a single Mono amplifier for the sub(600-1k?) rms, and either run 2(4) channels or a 6 ch up front and build your front stage with raw drivers.Might look into Scan Speak, Seas,Dayton Audio, Beyma,ect. You could run a 5 ch for the doors and sub, and a 2 ch for tweets(Rears off HU) ,or another 4ch for front tweets, and Rears for 2 amp set up.Several ways to do it of course.Lay your system out on paper what you want to do., and seek it out

Thats what I call an enhanced Stock Upgradded system, SQ can get very expensive. A set of Hertz Mille Components can run up to and beyond $1k.I would get a single Mono amplifier for the sub(600-1k?) rms, and either run 2(4) channels or a 6 ch up front and build your front stage with raw drivers.Might look into Scan Speak, Seas,Dayton Audio, Beyma,ect. You could run a 5 ch for the doors and sub, and a 2 ch for tweets(Rears off HU) ,or another 4ch for front tweets, and Rears for 2 amp set up.Several ways to do it of course.Lay your system out on paper what you want to do., and seek it out

To many options will have me overthinking this. I have trouble at a restaurant trying to decide what to order. I think in will make a plan as you said to do. I could keep an eye out here for deals on equipment.
I have been looking at a Audio Control 6 channel amp with built in dsp. Depending on the model they run $800-1500. Speakers will be the most difficult part. I would like to hear them before I buy them. I will have to seek out a quality dealer close by to compare different brands and models. I don't know how much $500- 800 for a front stage set will buy. It would be nice to land in the $1500 area for those 2 items. I was thinking of keeping the rear door speakers for now and use a 4 channel amp for them and a sub. I am not looking for window rattling bass, so I might be able to get by with $6-800 for the amp and sub. I know this all can be done less but, want quality parts and not be thinking , "I should have not cheaper out and paid for the good stuff"

I really appreciate you taking time to be point me in the right direction. This is a lot to process at once. My biggest concern is tuning the dsp. That is totally Greek to me.

Your install will matter more then anything imo...$1000 drivers in a poorly treated door will sound worst then a $50 set that's got a good install...just my opinion though...

To many options will have me overthinking this. I have trouble at a restaurant trying to decide what to order. I think in will make a plan as you said to do. I could keep an eye out here for deals on equipment.
I have been looking at a Audio Control 6 channel amp with built in dsp. Depending on the model they run $800-1500. Speakers will be the most difficult part. I would like to hear them before I buy them. I will have to seek out a quality dealer close by to compare different brands and models. I don't know how much $500- 800 for a front stage set will buy. It would be nice to land in the $1500 area for those 2 items. I was thinking of keeping the rear door speakers for now and use a 4 channel amp for them and a sub. I am not looking for window rattling bass, so I might be able to get by with $6-800 for the amp and sub. I know this all can be done less but, want quality parts and not be thinking , "I should have not cheaper out and paid for the good stuff"

I really appreciate you taking time to be point me in the right direction. This is a lot to process at once. My biggest concern is tuning the dsp. That is totally Greek to me.
Ive heard great things about the AControl 6 ch. amplifier. Its also quite compact compared to most 6 ch amps and delivers a nice package for the money and power.Qality built as well..Im not sure how much room you are providing for your amplifiers ect/sub-ported or sealed? As stated.. best to plan out what you would like to incorporate within the space provided.Preping doors/Deadening, ect as stated for better quality sound on doors ect will bring out better performance of the install. As for Listening to a different verity of speakers.. You may be able to locate a SQ Meet of individuals or even some at audio shows to actually demo a verity of speakers,subs ect. Its a great place to start to experience them as most dealers only carry the norm.

I am planning on doing whatever I can to help the system sound its best. Sound deadening and using good quality wiring with upgraded power supply to start.
I have room behind the back seat on the cab wall for an amp rack and will fabricate a box for the sub under the rear seat. The front stage would be a 6.5 in the door, the mid in the sail panel and the tweeter in the A pillar. At least is plan A.....I am sure plan B will follow shortly.

Thanks for all the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...