Hello I have a question

Participant count
  • Participants list

irvingmurrieta

US
I have two L7 kickers 12inch subwoofer I think they're 1500watts nd 750rms......

Amplifier : Hifonics X2200.1D 2200W X-14 Series Class D Monoblock Amplifier

X-14 Series Class D Monoblock 1-Channel Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 950 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 1600 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohms: 2200 watts x 1 chan.

Max power output: 2200 watts x 1 chan.

Illuminated Hifonics badge

I was wondering if my speakers would handle 2ohms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

like he say what ohm are subs but if u are asking if they'll handle that amp, yeah.. always set gain correctly though i'm sure peeps have ran much, much more power to those subs than maybe 800 watts each..

that hifonics is only 1000 watts or so at 2 ohms. You'll most likely blow them because you wont be satisfied with how loud they get and start distorting the signal. Beef up your electrical and wire to 1 ohm. That amp is beyond overrated.

Agree, those new Hifonics amps are no where near the specs they claim.  However, make sure you have installed the appropriate wire gauge for the install and you should be able to use them with the subwoofers, just make sure the load impedance is allowable by the amplifier.  If not sure, use a multimeter when wiring the subwoofers to the amp.  If not sure, seek professional help from a car audio shop. 

IMG_20140208_153839.jpg

Agree, those new Hifonics amps are no where near the specs they claim.  However, make sure you have installed the appropriate wire gauge for the install and you should be able to use them with the subwoofers, just make sure the load impedance is allowable by the amplifier.  If not sure, use a multimeter when wiring the subwoofers to the amp.  If not sure, seek professional help from a car audio shop. 

View attachment 2396
Welcome to the forum.   Please learn to read dates on posts before you reply to stuff 6 months old.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

irvingmurrieta

irvingmurrieta
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date