Hello Everyone

MyEvilBanana

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 9, 2022
I’m new to here but returning to car audio as a hobby after nearly 20 years suffering through bad factory stereos. The kids are about grown and I now have a little change to play with. Trying to learn everything right way the 2nd time around that I never did in my youth.
Picked up a 2012 Fiat 500 as a fun commuter car, dusted off some of my old gear and add a few new things.
Thus far my setup consists of: Fiat 500 factory head unit, Kicker KISLOC2, Audiocontrol 6XS, Rockford Fosgate p2002 running a set of JBL GX600C, Mmats d200hc running a single CT Sounds Tropo 8” in a ported box (0.55 cu.ft. net tuned to 42hz with 12in. of port area, slot port). First ported box I’ve ever made, not the prettiest but I feel accomplished. Honestly wanted to (and by the way it sounds I should have) tuned it lower and I might still do that.
What’s next? Haven’t had the Tropo running for but a couple weeks and already looking at add another sub or 2 or going with a pair different subs (probably 8’s with my space constraints) that are better suited for my amp power.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
I’m new to here but returning to car audio as a hobby after nearly 20 years suffering through bad factory stereos. The kids are about grown and I now have a little change to play with. Trying to learn everything right way the 2nd time around that I never did in my youth.
Picked up a 2012 Fiat 500 as a fun commuter car, dusted off some of my old gear and add a few new things.
Thus far my setup consists of: Fiat 500 factory head unit, Kicker KISLOC2, Audiocontrol 6XS, Rockford Fosgate p2002 running a set of JBL GX600C, Mmats d200hc running a single CT Sounds Tropo 8” in a ported box (0.55 cu.ft. net tuned to 42hz with 12in. of port area, slot port). First ported box I’ve ever made, not the prettiest but I feel accomplished. Honestly wanted to (and by the way it sounds I should have) tuned it lower and I might still do that.
What’s next? Haven’t had the Tropo running for but a couple weeks and already looking at add another sub or 2 or going with a pair different subs (probably 8’s with my space constraints) that are better suited for my amp power.
I ran a Mmats D300HC on a pair of S.Qubed 1200 rms 10s in [email protected] Htz and that amp was very nice for an old school gem. A bit of a Power Hogg but it got down.Im sure that 200 does just as well. Im assuming you are @2ohms prob running the Single 8? Running @1ohm on that amp with another DVC4-8 you should be close to 1350 rms or a bit more?You may even need to add an battery for the supply for the demand. I wouldnt get rid of that amp !! Thats a great amp. I should have kept on to my D300HC. I regret selling it off all the time, I was Trying Class D afterwards
20180818_131750.jpg 20180818_131647.jpg 20180818_131609.jpg

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
By the way.. Welcome Back to Car Audio and the Hobby (y) (y)

Reactions: MyEvilBanana

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
I would look into Getting the Big3 Done as well.( I highly recommend it for that vehicle) OFC/ here is a highly respected seller I use personally. I see the kits on Amazon from like Recoil? But I dont have any experience with them and theyre reputation at all. They have like 3-4 different colors to choose from

Reactions: MyEvilBanana

MyEvilBanana

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 9, 2022
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I ran a Mmats D300HC on a pair of S.Qubed 1200 rms 10s in [email protected] Htz and that amp was very nice for an old school gem. A bit of a Power Hogg but it got down.Im sure that 200 does just as well. Im assuming you are @2ohms prob running the Single 8? Running @1ohm on that amp with another DVC4-8 you should be close to 1350 rms or a bit more?You may even need to add an battery for the supply for the demand. I wouldnt get rid of that amp !! Thats a great amp. I should have kept on to my D300HC. I regret selling it off all the time, I was Trying Class D afterwards
View attachment 41358 View attachment 41359 View attachment 41360
I pretty happy it still works, kinda attached to since I paid full price when I bought it new. When Mmats came out with their line of amps they weren’t the first class D car amps but they were the biggest, crazy efficient compared to the AB competitors and dollar per watt cheaper too. Actually I’m currently running it at 4 ohms as the Tropo 8” is only rated at 400wRms. Been fighting with myself whether I should run it at 2ohms or 1ohm on a pair of subs since I’m not looking to invest in the electrical system at this time though I know from experience it’ll pull some amperage. Even at 2ohms it put out just over [email protected] so not to shabby.

Reactions: audiobaun

MyEvilBanana

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 9, 2022
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would look into Getting the Big3 Done as well.( I highly recommend it for that vehicle) OFC/ here is a highly respected seller I use personally. I see the kits on Amazon from like Recoil? But I dont have any experience with them and theyre reputation at all. They have like 3-4 different colors to choose from

Thanks for the link, I’ve already done 2/3 of the big 3 the line from alternator going to be a bear, can only get to the alternator from underneath the car and from what I’ve read there’s a subframe cross member that has to be removed to get access to it.

• Sad
Reactions: audiobaun

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks for the link, I’ve already done 2/3 of the big 3 the line from alternator going to be a bear, can only get to the alternator from underneath the car and from what I’ve read there’s a subframe cross member that has to be removed to get access to it.
Thats a shame. Seems like its always hard to get to something on these vehicles. But,, It will be worth the effort. Deff keep your voltage up more and help maintain the battery more also.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.