Headphones - What's your pleasure?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
My computer is my entertainment center. All my movies and music are in it. I haven't really listened to music through my computer a whole lot because my right ear had issues. Now that my ear works again I can enjoy the sounds it makes. I have Samson active near field monitors and a Yamaha active servo subwoofer... sounds pretty good if I do say so myself. Sometimes I like to listen to music really loud but don't want to disturb my brother so I got some headphones a while back. A pair of Steelseries headphones. They ****. I found a used pair of Sennheiser Momentum V1 headphones in mint condition but without the ear cushions for $38. I ordered the correct ear cushions and they are perfect now. They are not loud enough though so I have ordered a headphone amp which should be here soon.

What headphones do you all use?

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Do you live in the ******* basement or something bro? Why do you need a headset for any of this shit?
1. To hear more detail
2. To listen to music without being disturbed by other people
3. To not disturb other people
4. Late night listening so my neighbors don't get disturbed with the bass
5. I am not some young prick without manners walking around in a world unaware that there are other people in it

No, I do not live in a basement.

Reactions: jt4x4
OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Yeah it's not audio. It's headphones. It says "Kick back, relax and post off topic issues here"
Topic of this Internet forum being Car Audio... Being that headphones are not related to Car Audio and it is illegal in most states to have headphones on while operating a motor vehicle, I thought I would post my "off topic" topic here. In the dome... "Veteran" ;)

pokeyouindaeye

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 20, 2020
Vancouver, BC - Canada
Out and about in the gym, etc. I keep them cheap and disposable. I like the Panasonic ErgoFit best... but also have some JBLs and the urBeats3 (not recommended).

At home/office I rock either open-back or closed-back, depending who else is around:
Open Back - Philips Fidelio X1
Closed Back - V-Moda M-100

I've got the V-Moda BoomPro mic for calls too.... great add-on mic.

Reactions: ThxOne

Squirrel!

CarAudio.com Well Known
Feb 26, 2020
Ohio
OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA

JTF Vegas

CarAudio.com VIP
Jan 13, 2020
Las Vegas NV
My computer is my entertainment center. All my movies and music are in it. I haven't really listened to music through my computer a whole lot because my right ear had issues. Now that my ear works again I can enjoy the sounds it makes. I have Samson active near field monitors and a Yamaha active servo subwoofer... sounds pretty good if I do say so myself. Sometimes I like to listen to music really loud but don't want to disturb my brother so I got some headphones a while back. A pair of Steelseries headphones. They ****. I found a used pair of Sennheiser Momentum V1 headphones in mint condition but without the ear cushions for $38. I ordered the correct ear cushions and they are perfect now. They are not loud enough though so I have ordered a headphone amp which should be here soon.

What headphones do you all use?

Dali IO 4 cans

whitedragon551

10+ year member
Mar 5, 2009
IL
I have several headphone setups for when Im jamming out working.

I run a Yulong Daart Canary with optical to my laptop for most every day listening. I have shit tons of headphones. Used to do reviews for companies so they would donate them to me. I think my favorites are a pair of Aurisonics ASG2's that are limited edition with some custom cables. I also have some Edifier stuff, AKG, K612 Pro's, Grado i80's, Gorilla Ear AT5's, Shure SRH750DJ's, Etymotic, Heir Audio, some Audiotechnica ATH BT6's among other things.

My office setup is a Schiit Modi, Vali, and Wyrd or my Yulong DA8 with what ever headphones are in my bag.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
i got a pair of Hifiman Arya planar magnetics on a THX AAA 789 on a schiit modi as well to relax after all my work. Its the sound signature I tune my car to lol.

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I have read that the Schiit DAC's are pretty nice. I haven't had a chance to demo one but reviews look good. My motherboard has a pretty good DAC on it. Low power output but I am fixing that here in a few days when my headphone amp shows up.

marc2112

Great White Guppy
Oct 12, 2012
Montreal, Qc
I love my Beyer T1 but they are falling apart. I use em with a asus essence sound card with burson op amps. People's jaws drop to the floor when they hear it but I think I could do better with a proper 600 ohms external amp. The only thing that keeps me from buying a dac is knowing that my source will now be a on board sound card. Just can't wrap my head around that.

Reactions: ThxOne

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
I love my Beyer T1 but they are falling apart. I use em with a asus essence sound card with burson op amps. People's jaws drop to the floor when they hear it but I think I could do better with a proper 600 ohms external amp. The only thing that keeps me from buying a dac is knowing that my source will now be a on board sound card. Just can't wrap my head around that.
you can use an audioquest dragonfly to bypass the sound card.

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Headphone amp arrived today as well as my 1/4" adapters... BRAINFART. I have no cable to go from the computer to the amp. So that is ordered now. I heard good things about the amp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds