Head unit distorting at volume 25 out of 35 max

Participant count
  • Participant list
x2, never get a deck below 4v. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to bang my head through people's dashes trying to tune a less than 4v radio. Usually the gain has to be cranked up all the way, and sometimes you actually have to use bass boost. Below 4v RCA outputs should be highly frowned upon; that's garbage.
Oh I wasn’t aware of that. All the tuning on my head unit is flat except about halfway up on the treble. My gain on my amp itself is about 3/4 without bass boost. I feel like it does pretty well considering what I have currently but I know the sub can handle much more. I’ll look into getting a new radio that has a 4v rca output. I’m not sure how easy it’s going to be to get one with the microchip shortage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

There are a couple of options. You can use a marine bt unit. They come in the size of a hockey puck and can mount anywhere. This is the marine unit.
There are bluetooth amplifiers. You can just use your phone or an I Pod as the music source and not touch the radio.
Avoid jvc 480bhs hard to see the display in the daytime even with the brightness all the way up also not as easy getting to the audio menu like...
I have a 06 grand Marquis. Looking at either Kenwood or Sony Apple play. Is it worth have a floating monitor? Pros and cons?
https://youtube.com/@SaabUnleashed?si=-8qdxpYY0yGzrMsL Here you go. This guy does android head unit reviews. His reviews are how I found my...

About this thread

mikeysheff12

CarAudio.com Recruit
mikeysheff12
Hartsville, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from