• Thread starter Starkillers2019
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 3K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
S

Starkillers2019

got the amp .....theres 2 runs into the unit   they recommend  900 amp fusing      would 2 runs with a 450 amp fuse work      these would be real short runs maybe 3 feet max   with 1/0  gauge wire.          or should i quad the 1/0 gauge wire and have 4 runs of 225 anl fusing   into  double    2 x 1/0 into 1 1/0 connectors.         not to much info on subject..    any help would be great     so  i can buy all the fusing and holders.        thank u for any help u can give

got the amp .....theres 2 runs into the unit   they recommend  900 amp fusing      would 2 runs with a 450 amp fuse work      these would be real short runs maybe 3 feet max   with 1/0  gauge wire.          or should i quad the 1/0 gauge wire and have 4 runs of 225 anl fusing   into  double    2 x 1/0 into 1 1/0 connectors.         not to much info on subject..    any help would be great     so  i can buy all the fusing and holders.        thank u for any help u can give
Want advice now?

I quote you in that other thread...

"lol  your funny   i have a high output alternator   actual one is pictured here , 4 batteries  , i dont need to tell you these details  ..     im just looking to build a box   and got a lecture about sealed isnt good..lmao           forget i asked you guys..  i know now never to ask for help here again..    its fine with me i got my box designs through email direct from orion audio... see ya later      and its a adjustable box.    sealed and ported"

Then this nugget...

"went with ported...  sorry sealed ...lol"

Why ask for advice if you're just going to do whatever you are bent on doing anyways.

You cannot split loads like that and expect not to blow every fuse every time. Electricity takes the path of least resistance (it's futile to argue) and therefore will try to flow through all at once and blow them all.

You only need one fuse per main wire, under the hood. Anything else is an amperage leak waiting to happen.

Want advice now?

"lol  your funny   i have a high output alternator   actual one is pictured here , 4 batteries  , i dont need to tell you these details  ..     im just looking to build a box   and got a lecture about sealed isnt good..lmao           forget i asked you guys..  i know now never to ask for help here again..    its fine with me i got my box designs through email direct from orion audio... see ya later      and its a adjustable box.    sealed and ported"

Then this nugget...

Why ask for advice if you're just going to do whatever you are bent on doing anyways.
dont want your advice .    got it  ..  now your just trolling ...   anyone else is fine..

Last edited:
You cannot split loads like that and expect not to blow every fuse every time. Electricity takes the path of least resistance (it's futile to argue) and therefore will try to flow through all at once and blow them all.

You only need one fuse per main wire, under the hood. Anything else is an amperage leak waiting to happen.
thank you for great advice.    

until it all goes up in smoke .  lol   
No. A fuse hardly will help. The wire is still live on one end. A fuse would only cut off power to the other side of the fuse. If a amp is gunna blow its gunna blow. A fuse isn’t going to safe it. I’ve had amps burn up with fuses.  Fuses are a weak point. Why spend hundreds on thick wire and put a cheap $3 fuse in the way. Makes ZERO SENSE

Last edited by a moderator:
No. A fuse hardly will help. The wire is still live on one end. A fuse would only cut off power to the other side of the fuse. If a amp is gunna blow its gunna blow. A fuse isn’t going to safe it. I’ve had amps burn up with fuses.  Fuses are a weak point. Why spend hundreds on thick wire and put a cheap $3 fuse in the way. Makes ZERO SENSE
Of course the wire is live on the battery side, but it cant contact the frame if the fuse blows. When youre running high current and say somehow the amp shorts to ground, the insulation will melt and then welcome to hell.

Want advice now?

Then this nugget...

Yawn   🖕🏻

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.