Has anyone ever used Pioneer S1000 processor?

Participant count
  • Participants list

ianik777

CarAudio.com Regular
Mauritius
wanted to know if i can set specific frequencies on the front or rear out from the processor.
e.g, the front out will send music to an amp which powers 6 coaxial speakers, so will set the frequency to around >125 Hz (HPF)
The rear out will send music to another amp which powers 4 midrange speakers, so, would like to set the frequency to approx 300hz<allowed frequency> 10Khz

so would like to know if apart the HPF and LPF, can we set bandpass filter(BPF) on that relatively cheap processor?

wanted to know if i can set specific frequencies on the front or rear out from the processor.
e.g, the front out will send music to an amp which powers 6 coaxial speakers, so will set the frequency to around >125 Hz (HPF)
The rear out will send music to another amp which powers 4 midrange speakers, so, would like to set the frequency to approx 300hz<allowed frequency> 10Khz

so would like to know if apart the HPF and LPF, can we set bandpass filter(BPF) on that relatively cheap processor?

That looks to be a DSP/amp combination. I can't say for sure if it had bandpass capability, but it has the ability to high pass for sure. Before you start adding more components, you need to start from the beginning. Even the most basic Headunit has high pass filters.

Matt

That looks to be a DSP/amp combination. I can't say for sure if it had bandpass capability, but it has the ability to high pass for sure. Before you start adding more components, you need to start from the beginning. Even the most basic Headunit has high pass filters.

Matt
yeah, the amp am using for my coaxial and sub do have HPF and LPF. but now that i need to power 4 midranges properly, am considering the BPF which those amp cant do. so, wondering if the pioneer S1000 which i already have do has this capability

yeah, the amp am using for my coaxial and sub do have HPF and LPF. but now that i need to power 4 midranges properly, am considering the BPF which those amp cant do. so, wondering if the pioneer S1000 which i already have do has this capability

OK, the current count I have is 4 coaxial, 4 tweeters, and now 4 midrange? What are you trying to accomplish?

We need to know what speakers, what amp, what headunit, etc to be able to make any kind of useful suggestion.

There is zero point in running coaxial and midrange/tweeter in the same location. It just causes cancelation issues and doesn't sound good at all.

Matt

OK, the current count I have is 4 coaxial, 4 tweeters, and now 4 midrange? What are you trying to accomplish?

We need to know what speakers, what amp, what headunit, etc to be able to make any kind of useful suggestion.

There is zero point in running coaxial and midrange/tweeter in the same location. It just causes cancelation issues and doesn't sound good at all.

Matt
the coaxial and tweeters are for the drivers and passengers. the midrange are in the trunk and powered off. they are powered on only when i need crowd pleasing performance

to note that the head unit is original (mazda 3 year 2015)
-Sub is 2 x 600 watt rms pioneer powered by a 9701 pioneer amp
-speaker is pioneer coaxial 55 watt rms champion series x 4 powered by a 8604 pioneer amp(100 watt rms per channel)
-midrange is deaf bonce arnold 180 watt rms x 4 powered by a sound digital amp(200 watt rms per channel)

the coaxial and tweeters are for the drivers and passengers. the midrange are in the trunk and powered off. they are powered on only when i need crowd pleasing performance

to note that the head unit is original (mazda 3 year 2015)
-Sub is 2 x 600 watt rms pioneer powered by a 9701 pioneer amp
-speaker is pioneer coaxial 55 watt rms champion series x 4 powered by a 8604 pioneer amp(100 watt rms per channel)
-midrange is deaf bonce arnold 180 watt rms x 4 powered by a sound digital amp(200 watt rms per channel)

How are you getting the RCA signal for the amps?

Can you provide the model number of the sound digital amp please.

Subs are fine, I'm not concerned with them yet.

You say you are running a coaxial AND a tweeter up front. The entire purpose of a coaxial is it includes a tweeter. "crowd pleasing performance" in the backseat is "best" with a set of 6.5 or 6x9 in the rear door playing from 80hz up and allowed to roll off naturally. You can accomplish this using the factory headunit and some capacitors.

If you are hell bent on changing speakers I would simply remove the the coaxial from the front and place it in the rear, and move the midrange up to the front to pair with your tweeters. I will have to look up the amps and see what one can run a high pass for the tweeter.

I may be a little confused here as well. You keep saying you have coaxial and tweeter up front. Do you have the tweeters mounted on the coaxial as well as extra ones mounted on your dash?

---HEADUNIT->PIONEER PROCESSOR->AMP
---OBTAINED FROM A PIONEER S1000 PROCESSOR

---1200.4 EvoX2 4 ohm

You say you are running a coaxial AND a tweeter up front. The entire purpose of a coaxial is it includes a tweeter. "crowd pleasing performance" in the backseat is "best" with a set of 6.5 or 6x9 in the rear door playing from 80hz up and allowed to roll off naturally. You can accomplish this using the factory headunit and some capacitors.
--THE TWEETER FOUND ON THOSE COAXIALS DOES NOT DELIVER AS SUPPOSED TO. YOU CAN HEAR THE DIFFERENCE ON THE PIONEER TS-20 TWEEETERS I'VE CONNECTED. THEY ARE BOTH FOUND IN THE DASH.
--FOR THE CROWD PLEASING, ITS FOR THE TRUNK, NOT FOR THE BACK SET INSIDE THE CAR.

If you are hell bent on changing speakers I would simply remove the the coaxial from the front and place it in the rear, and move the midrange up to the front to pair with your tweeters. I will have to look up the amps and see what one can run a high pass for the tweeter.

I may be a little confused here as well. You keep saying you have coaxial and tweeter up front. Do you have the tweeters mounted on the coaxial as well as extra ones mounted on your dash?
--YES AND AS STATED ABOVE, THE TWEETERS ON THE COAXIAL SPEAKERS ARE NOT THAT GREAT. WITHOUT THOSE PIONEER TS-20 TWEETERS, I DONT THINK I WOULD GET WHAT EXPECTED. SO THE EXTRA TWEETERS ON THE DASH DO PROVIDE WHAT'S NEEDED.

TO NOTE THAT THE AMP POWERING THE DOOR COAXIALS IS A PIONEER 8604.

Last edited:

find attached pics of my amps and the speakers/sub in my trunk

Attachments

• AMP.jpg
    AMP.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 17
  • speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 21
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...