Grounding out rca to deck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
Ok well i moved around my head unit and then when i turn on my car and the radio i get tons of feedback. Whine. And static sunds. Started moving around wires and such and got some more feedback behind the deck. I grabbed a spare piece of 12 volt wire and touched one of the rcas while it was plugged in on my head unit and made the rca touch the wire and the wire touch the frame of the deck in the back and all the noise stopped. No whines no hissing no sub feedback nothing. So do i just need to ground out the rcas? And if so how? I believe this is my problem. If tou can show me pics of how you ground out the rcas. My car is off and when its in acc mode it does this. And its loud. And my subs will be rumbling. But when i touch the rca between the deck, everything stops noise wise . I attached a pic to show you what I'm talking about, and how I "grounded" the rca to the frame of the headunit. So if that's what I need to do. How do I go about grounding the rcas?

Attachments

• 20200813_095040.jpg
    20200813_095040.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 424
This is my head unit right now. I read you only need to ground 1 rca. So would this be the correct way to do this? I've never had to ground out an rca before. This head unit is like 15 year old lol. But it does what it needs to do. Other than the new issue of feedback. I'm going to install it again check see if I get noise and if not I'm gunna leave it lile this. Unless someone here suggests it's not correct

Attachments

• 20200813_102733.jpg
    20200813_102733.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 1,264
The pico fuse is blown in the radio ... this was caused by plugging in rcas to an amp ..while the deck was powered up. Something ingenious that Pioneer designed so you can send the deck back for service pay $100 for a 5 minute fix . There are YouTube videos on how to fix this yourself . Even though the rcas are grounded there's still increased distortion due to bad resistance. Which can be harmful to your amp , subs or both...

Yea. I may just be mood to buy new headunit honestly. This is old and outdated. I've literally had it since 2008. Lol. It works now without any noises or whines. Although now my volt meter doesnt work... everytime I touch something in this car something else goes wrong lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.