Grounding Amp on a boat...

I would ground to the Batery. I do not know if i would ground to a gas tank being that it can explode. Especially if the gound connection would happen to create a spark. That is just my opinion.

DO NOT ground it to the gas tank. You best place is run a ground wire back to the battery. But if you look hard enough there is already a ground under the driver wheel. Depending on the boat that is. But if you have any type of lights or depth finder it is grounded. You could piggy back off that ground if you wanted too.

from my expeireence, i have found a ground strip,and or blocks under the dash just below the sterring wheel,there should be 2 there one is positive and the other is negative,all boats have these there,due to power neede to the boats ignitionswitch,and guages,good luck on your boat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.