Good new head units out? Favorites?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Best thing to do is try some at Best Buy and find one you think works best for you.

Almost all brands are made in the same factory or in the one across the street now.

Best thing to do is try some at Best Buy and find one you think works best for you.

Almost all brands are made in the same factory or in the one across the street now.
I've always been a pioneer guy and I enjoy shopping at a brick-and-mortar place where I can look at and view all the features

I've always been a pioneer guy and I enjoy shopping at a brick-and-mortar place where I can look at and view all the features
Pioneer makes excellent head units for the money. What are you looking for other than a cd player?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pionee...sistive-display-black/6401085.p?skuId=6401085

I'm running that in my Subaru. For the money it's been excellent, and the tuning capabilities actually aren't terrible. Decent EQ, time alignment etc. Its no dsp for sure, but I couldn't find better for $200.

Yeah I've got a Sony GUI model from about 5 years ago I can put in it but was wanting to get something a little more current
On the Sony what is the model number ? Also what are some of the features that your wanting to add ? I m not sure about the Sony that you have but a lot of newer decks are offering 3 way active ..time alignment..Maestro features where it can communicate with the car diagnostics ... and Carplay or Android Auto ...lots of cool features added every year ...sorta like home computers...

On the Sony what is the model number ? Also what are some of the features that your wanting to add ? I m not sure about the Sony that you have but a lot of newer decks are offering 3 way active ..time alignment..Maestro features where it can communicate with the car diagnostics ... and Carplay or Android Auto ...lots of cool features added every year ...sorta like home computers...
If something can go three way active that would be enough for me I've always preferred to run and active setup using three different amps. I've got some MTX RTX 12-in midranges and RTX titanium horn tweeters to use for my mids and highs

If something can go three way active that would be enough for me I've always preferred to run and active setup using three different amps. I've got some MTX RTX 12-in midranges and RTX titanium horn tweeters to use for my mids and highs
You'll need to consider whether a head unit doing 3 way active is price effective. I'm not sure off hand which head units will do 3 way active, but if the price difference between that head unit and one that has other features you like but won't do active is greater than $150, you may want to look into grabbing a dayton 408 dsp and the cheaper head unit. Just something to consider.

You'll need to consider whether a head unit doing 3 way active is price effective. I'm not sure off hand which head units will do 3 way active, but if the price difference between that head unit and one that has other features you like but won't do active is greater than $150, you may want to look into grabbing a dayton 408 dsp and the cheaper head unit. Just something to consider.
Makes sense to me I've always had the best luck when filtering and refining the signal as much as possible and I can't help but a separate three-way active crossover will allow me more adjustments as well as a cleaner signal. That's the way I've always done it after my buddy who was an electronical engineering major demonstrated the best sounding system I've ever heard to this day back in 1991.

I've been really liking the Sony lineup for the past several years. If you know what features are imortant to you you might do well to call Crutchfield and have them make some suggestions as to what fits your needs. They've always steered me right in the past and occasionally turned me on to something I'd have never heard about otherwise.

Stay away from **** brands like Boss, Soundstream, etc. and you should at least get what you pay for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.