Good head unit with volume knob and some physical buttons...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ozzuneoj

CarAudio.com Newbie
Here is the TL;DR explanation:
Recommend any good head unit with a volume knob and physical skip\rewind\shuffle buttons. If you have any complaints or praise for a particular unit, please explain. It can be touch screen or non-touch screen. I can use a double din but if some single din unit is better for some reason, that's okay too.

Slightly longer explanation:
I've posted a few times on reddit listing my priorities and the things I'm interested in, but I haven't had much of a response. If you want all the details, here are my posts:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CarAV/comments/nlm1ns/recommendations_needed_for_dsp_and_a_double_din/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CarAV/comments/nmnrr1/do_any_head_units_provide_gapless_playback_from/gzro0lr/?context=3

I have not yet decided whether I will just go with the simplest possible HU without any modern features, or if I will go with something more complex. Simple is great, but the thought of *FINALLY* getting gapless playback by running a real operating system (Android) and music app in my car is pretty tempting... but then maybe that could be done with a simpler head unit if it just controlled my phone via USB. Either way, I want physical skip\rewind buttons and a volume knob.

I'm also interested in getting an external DSP because after 15 years of having my own system I have never experienced one calibrated with a DSP.

Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...