Good amp for 3 s.i. sql 12s @3k 2.67 ohms

Participant count
  • Participants list
Nick who?

Any of the Sundown SFB will do rated power. However Sundown is coming out with 2 new lines this month that are replacing the SFB line so those may get closed out for cheaper. Also their new line is even more efficient from what people are saying in tests and more powerful.

Nick who?

Any of the Sundown SFB will do rated power. However Sundown is coming out with 2 new lines this month that are replacing the SFB line so those may get closed out for cheaper. Also their new line is even more efficient from what people are saying in tests and more powerful.
Nick is the owner of stereo integrity and he says to put about $1,100 each to them the sundown 5K should be about right running at 2.67 ohms also considering impedance drop I hate the fact it's taking me so long to do a build but damn equipment is improving so much

I would at least go with the SFB8k. Trying to actually get 3k on music clean at 2.67 nominal isn't likely with the 5k.
okay I could do that was really wanting to run it at 2.67 so it stays cool and doesn't have to work as hard so it lasts longer and I have the option of running more power if needed my electrical is great so it's no problem. I was just worried about blowing the subs because they're so nice would turning the gain down a little bit help? It is a small sealed enclosure so a little extra power is usually a good idea.

I would look at the new series Sundown is coming out with. They are more efficient and more powerful with "rumors" putting them close or just a little above the current price range of Sundown amplifiers. Check out their facebook page and apex audio facebook page as they are in the same building and work together as apex sells a lot of their products. They have dyno videos up idk about pricing yet though.

I would at least go with the SFB8k. Trying to actually get 3k on music clean at 2.67 nominal isn't likely with the 5k.
At 4 ohms running on 14.4 volts the sundown 8K is showing 3250 Watts and that's at 4 ohms 2.67 would be more than that just worried that might not be in the safe range as sometimes I push my equipment and running xbl motors I won't hear them crying for mercy lol

Yeah on paper with a resistive load. In real life playing music you won't see those power numbers. Why I always buy amps that can do double my subwoofers rated power.

Set gain with a multimeter if it's too much power turn the gain down.

Yeah on paper with a resistive load. In real life playing music you won't see those power numbers. Why I always buy amps that can do double my subwoofers rated power.

Set gain with a multimeter if it's too much power turn the gain down.
okay sounds good man I appreciate it that's kind of what I was figuring the less you push an amp the cleaner the signal I've got the 8K sitting in my cart now excited as hell about this build. the sqls are designed to excel in a small sealed cabinet so I can fit three in the trunk of my Civic SI fire them forward and seal off. Whoo

okay sounds good man I appreciate it that's kind of what I was figuring the less you push an amp the cleaner the signal I've got the 8K sitting in my cart now excited as hell about this build. the sqls are designed to excel in a small sealed cabinet so I can fit three in the trunk of my Civic SI fire them forward and seal off. Whoo
IMG_20210129_144332838_HDR.jpg

No problem. There was a dude on here years ago with two 12s in his civic burping a 154 out of the trunk. It was nasty. But with your subwoofer choice I guess you aren't wanting just SPL.

No problem. There was a dude on here years ago with two 12s in his civic burping a 154 out of the trunk. It was nasty. But with your subwoofer choice I guess you aren't wanting just SPL.
that is insane from 212 in a trunk I know his box couldn't have been that big yeah I'm figuring that equipment should give me plenty of SPL along with impeccable sound quality

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.