Good Amp Fan

Participant count
  • Participant list

momeigs

Makeshift Bass-head
Hey guys, my amp just went into protect for its first time after overheating. I can’t move the amp anywhere else where it would get better airflow. My back seats don’t have A/C vents either. Does anyone know of a good fan? Also, how would I got about installing one? Thanks!

Hey guys, my amp just went into protect for its first time after overheating. I can’t move the amp anywhere else where it would get better airflow. My back seats don’t have A/C vents either. Does anyone know of a good fan? Also, how would I got about installing one? Thanks!
I’ve been looking at this one. Thoughts?
1305C013-3D31-4238-A9C5-6F07337951F2.png

i like crossflows (loud though), they are all the same find the cheapest
Ok cool, this is the first time i’ve sent my amp into protect mode from overheating. Do you think one is enough?

The amp is a Skar Audio RP-1500.1D so there are 8 vent slots on one end and only 6 vent slots on the other. I was planning on getting that DS18 cross flow fan and aiming it right at the end with the 8 slots. The other end of the amp is where to ground and power are so the wires are kind of blocking those vents. Would that cool it down enough?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.