Good 2way alarms without remote start?? Best alarm for $150-$200

dsgb610
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey I'm looking for a good quality 2way alarm without remote start or even power doors.

I would rather pay $200+ for a top system without the bells and whistles instead of $200+ for functions I won't eve use.

Installing on older vehicle. Only want shock sensor. Arm/disarm 2way key fob.

Good call on not going with the elect. Start ive bought 2 cars with it, i had to rip them out because they are nothing but trouble... it fixed my problems every time. As far getting one i have no clue.. so sorry this post didnt help you..FREE BUMP:)

Good call on not going with the elect. Start ive bought 2 cars with it, i had to rip them out because they are nothing but trouble... it fixed my problems every time. As far getting one i have no clue.. so sorry this post didnt help you..FREE BUMP:)
So much fail in this response. remote starts are only an issue when you have hacks install them. Been doing this professionally for close to a decade, never had issues with any unit I've installed including the one in my VW, my wife's VW, my mom's BMW, sister's Kia, and countless numbers of other cars....but hey I'm sure wherever it was done used t-taps and really had no idea what they were doing, that's a good way to base an opinion, an uninformed and offbase one.

To answer the OP's question:

Viper 3706V is a nice unit. Newly upgrade remotes to be more durable (metal instead of plastic), adjustable external shock sensor, great range ("up to 1 mile"), 2-way communication with LCD feedback. Depending on where you buy it and install, most likely out of your price range.

Viper 3305V. Great unit still, adjustable external shock sensor, decent range, 2-way communication with LCD feedback. Depending on where you buy it and install, should be around your price range, possibly slightly more.

Viper 3806V. Same as the 3706V except the remote is not an LCD (still 2-way and still has "up to 1 mile" range). Same as the 3305v as far as pricing.

Compustar PRO 2-WAY 901. "1 mile range," LCD 2-way feedback, external shock sensor.

Compustar PRO 2-WAY 902. Decent range, LED 2-way feedback, external shock sensor.

Pricing on Compustar units are a little tricky to tie down as they are "ala carte" pieces. Prices will vary.

All great, non-remote start options. You can also get Python or Avital equivalents of the Viper pieces and they will be cheaper given that they are "lesser" brands of DEI.

So much fail in this response. remote starts are only an issue when you have hacks install them. Been doing this professionally for close to a decade, never had issues with any unit I've installed including the one in my VW, my wife's VW, my mom's BMW, sister's Kia, and countless numbers of other cars....but hey I'm sure wherever it was done used t-taps and really had no idea what they were doing, that's a good way to base an opinion, an uninformed and offbase one.
To answer the OP's question:

Viper 3706V is a nice unit. Newly upgrade remotes to be more durable (metal instead of plastic), adjustable external shock sensor, great range ("up to 1 mile"), 2-way communication with LCD feedback. Depending on where you buy it and install, most likely out of your price range.

Viper 3305V. Great unit still, adjustable external shock sensor, decent range, 2-way communication with LCD feedback. Depending on where you buy it and install, should be around your price range, possibly slightly more.

Viper 3806V. Same as the 3706V except the remote is not an LCD (still 2-way and still has "up to 1 mile" range). Same as the 3305v as far as pricing.

Compustar PRO 2-WAY 901. "1 mile range," LCD 2-way feedback, external shock sensor.

Compustar PRO 2-WAY 902. Decent range, LED 2-way feedback, external shock sensor.

Pricing on Compustar units are a little tricky to tie down as they are "ala carte" pieces. Prices will vary.

All great, non-remote start options. You can also get Python or Avital equivalents of the Viper pieces and they will be cheaper given that they are "lesser" brands of DEI.
Agree on remote start issues when installed by hacks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.