Glueing Amp to backseat back

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
I'm fawking tired of my mb quart amp mounting problems. Seriously, that amp is the least user friendly when it comes to mounting and wiring. You need to unmount the amp to acces the wiring terminal

PAB_4100_trans_black2.gif

The mounting holes are inside the heatsink and each time i'm trying to put a screw in it, it get stuck somehow and become unsuable.

I already put a like 20$ worth of Velcro behind the amp since the backseat back is made of carpet... but it ain't strong enough, falling everytime i accelarate quick.

I bough Super glue with a Donkey on it yesturday and it doesn't seems much more solid. What kind of glue would fit my application the best? I was thinking about Epoxy but i'm not quite sure. I don't care if i rush to remove it in few years... i just want the amp to stick there and STAY there for a while.

That's the only bad side on that amp, beside that i love it alot, even if it got a pretty big footprint

cliffs: need to glue metal to carpet... "industrial strenght" glue ain't strong enough

...mine is screwed onto the back of my seat.

predrill holes (i used my dad's drill and broke the bit but ughhh he doesn't need to know about that).

It'll hold, and you can undo it if you have to...?

Gorilla Glue is the best stuff I know of (other than industrial epoxy). If it won't work for you, I simply don't know what to say. Epoxy may cause a chemical reaction and melt your carpet.

But consider other possibilities, man. Carpet isn't load bearing. The weight of the amp could possibly tear the carpet, leaving you in a worse position in the long run.

It's your ride. Do what you gotta do...

Gorilla Glue is the best stuff I know of (other than industrial epoxy). If it won't work for you, I simply don't know what to say. Epoxy may cause a chemical reaction and melt your carpet.
But consider other possibilities, man. Carpet isn't load bearing. The weight of the amp could possibly tear the carpet, leaving you in a worse position in the long run.

It's your ride. Do what you gotta do...

I wouldn't do that on a rental car, but hey you said it, it's mine:D

I would use Epoxy in last resort... it does feel nasty. is The donkey glue transparent btw? That wouldn't really ruin the carpet if used in small quantity

...mine is screwed onto the back of my seat.
predrill holes (i used my dad's drill and broke the bit but ughhh he doesn't need to know about that).

It'll hold, and you can undo it if you have to...?
Yeah the mounting holes were working great for few years. Now, screw head got pretty much fawk'up and i had to buffer the buttom to get them out. Now, no combinaison of washer+ screw works... it just make me waste my time... I spend 2 hours on that just yesturday before thinking about glueing it

don't do it. pre drill and get some new screws.
I've looked for screw long enough in few shops without any succes

The premade hole in the heatsink are pretty much screwed... there's nothing i can do with my lacking manual skills //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

um maybe try some anchor bolts instead of some glue ?? that would work much better since u got drilled holes in there already and not having to worry about the chemicals from the glue ruining your amp . cause i know chemicals from wet caulking can ruin a sub if your not careful

Anchor bolts... where can i find that? home depot?

and how do i get them to stuck in the metal under the carpet? pre-drill hole then just screwing those in

is The donkey glue transparent btw? That wouldn't really ruin the carpet if used in small quantity
I don't know. I've never used Donkey Glue. Most Gorilla Glue dries white. But I don't think this is a situation where a little dab will do, man. You'll more than likely have to cover the bottom of the amp with glue, and that could cause all sorts of problems.

This is a bad idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.