Getting speaker amp soon...would now be a good time to upgrade speaker wiring?

wickedmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im pretty set on getting A 4-ch Profile amp...any other suggestions in same price range are still welcome...but right now im wondering if i should go ahead and upgrade my speaker wiring? Im a newbie, and i don't even know how to take the door panel off yet, but would I be able to get it done? reason im asking is i want to get CDT components down the line and im not sure if speaker wire is a factor if i want a GOOD SQ system.

also if i decided to upgrade speaker wire what gauge do i use?

is it the lower the gauge the more effecient? (0 ga. is better than 4 ga.)??

basically im asking is it worth it?

Uhh......4 gague speaker wire would be massive. Maybe for a huge SPL woofer, but for door speakers you would need way less, probably 12-16 gauge. 12 gauge is bigger than 16 gauge.

ok, so 12-16 gauge for the speaker wire, but what about from the amp to the HU? oh and i don't want to spend a FORTUNE, but i dont know how much speaker wire costs, basically just tell me what i need to be efficient, and once again for SQ!!

16 gauge will be fine for all the wiring. i used 18 gauge for my cdts but their running off the h/u. i even had my cdts temporarily off the stock wiring which is even smaller, and i did not notice a difference. id say go to walmart and buy a large roll of 16 gauge and your set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.