Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

yeah-

I will be flexible with the classes- setting them completely after i see who/what shows up

the other things you said make sense as well

plan is to have "open" qualifying letting people come through anytime they want and then later inviting the top qualifiers in each class back for a head to head competition.

any other thoughts?

ok guys. i read all the way up to page 4 in fear that i would repeat a question so if i did, I am sorry.

I have an 01 bonneville SE. ***** for spl from what i hear. In it I have two diamond audio D6 15's and a Diamond D3 1000.1 on each sub. My box is 6 cubes and tuned to about 35hz. I have never competed before but i plan on it. Here are my main questions

How do i set my gain, crossover, bass boost and head unit volume?

Should i pull the fuses on my 4 channel amp?

What class would my system fall in?

What would be a good track to play if i cant play tones?

Do you guys think I can hit around 145db's?

Hi Guys, i am a new member and will love to get your insight on a few things.

i am a stock 1 competitor and currently doing a 155.9db on iasca world meter.

my vehicle is a opel corsa lite, and is tuned in at 55hz. playing 2 starsound duel two with 2 starsound 5000z in tandum.

my goal is to get to the 157db mark.

i have lots of pic and videos to share but it is easy to email them to you, if you interested. please drop me an email anwarh@elbquip.co.za.

looking forward to getting stronger...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I know this thread doesn't get much action, but ...

I was reading in the early pages that car peaks usually happen 4-10 Hz above your box freqs. If my cabin gain peaks at 53 Hz, I should make a few ports that span the range 43 Hz --> 49 Hz.

Is this a good plan, regardless of box volume? I was under the impression that tuning frequency for your peak changed with box IV.

Side Note:

Good rule of thumb mentioned was "port area" = Sd ... This makes more sense for SPL work, since we can use monster or tiny boxes, and tend to change them on the fly.

ex: 2 10's, it'll be ~100 sq in. much easier than 16 sq/cf.

Question regarding the upcoming show at Audio Designs in Winona. There's an IASCA event "Bass Boxing" and I feel very interested in doing the flyweight division battle, I know there is a $30.00 entrance fee at the gate, but do I need to upgrade my IASCA membership online to competitor (paying the 35 some dollars).

Ok going to my first USACI event this weekend have only competed in NESPL events so far. 1 I am wondering which would be the best class for me and 2 where is best placement for the mic. I am running 3 RF 12inch d2 HX2's running off a powerbd 1500 amp @1.33ohms and a punch 125.2 on my mids and highs my enclosure is behind the rear seat and at window level. I have a 2000 ford explorer sport 2 door for NESPL they put the mics on the windshield passenger side from reading the USACI rules I can put the mic anywhere infront of the b pillar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.