Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

How do i know what my car likes, is there a certain process to achieve this. and also I know most people who do SPL tune high. but i am curious I would like to attempt now to go for the lower notes like 28hz or better yet go for more SQl I don't know man, It feels like puberty again,so many things i would like to do but i don't know what to do.
What some ppl say works for the resonant/peak freq (besides other ppl experiences) is using a general sealed enclosure with a sub, playing a frequency sweep and reading the results, taking into consideration things like the sub/box peak, seats folded, console open, things laying around etc. You can get really nitty gritty, but most people that really want pure spl test, then test, then test again, and again and again.. kinda turns into a job I guess? I never got that into it though. Once you filter out all the other junk, you'll end up getting a frequency that your car "likes", my 2dr exploder for example likes around 48 hz.. dont know why but it does, a 4 door on the other hand would be better of with 50-53hz. The way I understand it this is where all the things in the car, on the car, and the car itself are moving in unison at or around this frequency and creating additional support for the speakers playing the tone. (correct me if I'm wrong)

You can look at response graphs for more explanation, get your vehicle on a termlab and you'll see. Take any normal vehicle, play a tone and not only will you see the big hump where your tone is but you'll probably see a bunch of other humps too. If you take an extreme vehicle in the same way, those little humps will all but dissappear - in an extreme veh. you are essentially making the interior burp friendly...

Tuned high ***** for daily period. I hated when I had my high hz boxes in my truck. If you want daily tune lower and sacrifice the numbers.. that's what I did. (although not besting 150 pi$$ed me off) Or just live with ass sounding bass and tune high. Sorry so long... Others can probably chime in better than I can anywhoo.

I'm no expert... but... in dbdrag at least I noticed that the loudest folks had or the easiest vehicles to get loud -
for Street Classes go for a CRX, 4 door Explorer 95-01(NOT A 2DR I found that out the hard way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ) or if you can find one a Panda or something small. A Jeep Wrangler made it up there a lil while back too.

Super Street NW/W Classes, as above with the addition of Caravan's, Astro's, Big Old Ford Vans, SUV's, Vans or pickups with cutthrough's/blowthroughs.
2 doors can get as loud as the 4 doors. theirs a couple of things i dont know if you tried but if you want to know go ahead and ask. i know i can get you to at least a 150.9 in street b but depending on eqiupment....

i switched to street a i was doing a mid 151 with one sub that was rubbing an old 2150 wich didnt have much life left in it. and amps at 1.5 ohms strapped

im running the amps at .7 strapped and put an nsb 90 (i was dropping to 8.5 with the 2150 now im dropping to 10.0 volts) and ive added angles inside the box and alot of ductape....

i really dont know what score im doing could be 149 could be 154 who knows till i put it on the mic but i might not i might just hit tommorows without any testing...

so ask any questions you want

Yeah let me know anything you'd like to divulge... keep the rest I dont need to know all your secrets. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My equipment so far is a Kinetik Monster, Solo X 12" (When it finally comes) and a Hifonics Goliath amp. Eventually I'll get another solo, but that probably wont be till next season.

My hurdle in the sport has been the lower frequency peak, I literally switched my old crx box, w/ two dd 9512's and two orion 2500D's to a four door and went from a 148.9 to a 151.x... on a termlab. (From a 48hz in my truck, to a 51 in a friends) Given it wasn't a fart box, but still.... I'm not goin nuts this season, maybe a show or two. Thanks.

a 4 door on the other hand would be better of with 50-53hz.
not all. my 4 door is the same as ur 2door. it likes 48hz.

It doesnt matter even if the box is tuned to 55hz. once i hit that 48hz tone, the db's will go up. very strange.

Yeah let me know anything you'd like to divulge... keep the rest I dont need to know all your secrets. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
My equipment so far is a Kinetik Monster, Solo X 12" (When it finally comes) and a Hifonics Goliath amp. Eventually I'll get another solo, but that probably wont be till next season.

My hurdle in the sport has been the lower frequency peak, I literally switched my old crx box, w/ two dd 9512's and two orion 2500D's to a four door and went from a 148.9 to a 151.x... on a termlab. (From a 48hz in my truck, to a 51 in a friends) Given it wasn't a fart box, but still.... I'm not goin nuts this season, maybe a show or two. Thanks.
empty your pm box some good info going your way i see a 152-53 coming out of you if you listing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok i guess ill n00bx it up a bit...

my old sub-stage consisted of a 15" Diamond D9 off a JBL bp600.1 in a 4.5 cubic foot box, tuned to about 25 Hz. when i had it metered, i had a 137.9 db, which i was not pleased with at all.

so, i built a new box. same sub, this box is 3.5 cubic feet, tuned to 37 Hz. also, i'm replacing the JBL with a hifonics bx1500d (1000 watts @ 2 ohms). do you think i will see a 140 on the screen this time? the hifonics is rated at 14 volts, and i know i can't sustain 14 volts on a consistent basis (probably more like 13) so will i see about 800 watts or so?

empty your pm box some good info going your way i see a 152-53 coming out of you if you listing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I listened... and built //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not metered yet, it may never be as I got a good deal on a second SOLOX //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif so I'll have to redo everything again.

728977_115.jpg

Has 3- 4" aero's toward the back, box is 3.7 b4 disc. It does get hella loud and pretty low!

out of curiousity what do you guys think of me using a 2005 toyota highlander for a daily/spl vehicle.... right now I have a 96 Jimmy 4dr and have a single 15" L7 to hold me over for now...

100_0479.jpg

anyways the real question is what do you think of 2 Z2 amps both running @ 1 ohm pushing 4 9512s...basically it will be a 16000w system...what kind of #'s are possible? I have some help for the project when it starts this spring from a buddy of mine (Brian B.) but I was still interested on your feedback... OBVIOUSLY major electrical upgrades, but I thought this would make for a very good setup for Street Beat 3 and for the daily...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

I have a 94 accord with two 15 inch L5s with a Hifonics BX1605D (1600 RMS). Right they they are in two sealed boxes but I am planning on porting them this weekend. I want to port them this weekend because there is a competition I am wanting to go to the following weekend.

Ive heard that CRX style (subs facing up, ports facing the back of the car) gets the loudest. However how well does that sound? I dont see how it could sound all that good with the sub facing up towards the trunk. I really dont see how it would get loud either.

I really wont be entering that many comps, just when they have them in jonesboro (20 miles north of me)...so I would like it to sound fairly good as well.

So do you think it would be better to do the CRX style or subs facing towards the back or towards the front? Please post all your suggestions.

Ok i have a competition on the 16th. And dont know what class im in. And its a outlaw + streetbeat event

I have one 15" sub and orion 2500D and one battery.

I have an amp powering my speakers but i will take that out if that bumps me up a class

thanks

And its for USACI

Outlaw and streetbeat

Well my turn for help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm Trying to find out what class to do in meca.

Setup.

Vech: 1997 F150 Ext Cab(3rd Door, Took out backseat can put it back)

First time competing ever.

Sub Stage: Fi Bl 15 Fullyloaded- Amp: Crunch 1500\1 (should upgrade don't know what though)

Battery:Yellow Top(Biggest i can have in Amature)

Box: 4cubes at 32hzish.

I do not know what my truck peak's at and i know before i figure that out i need the amp i'll be using mostly. So if you have any idea's on a amp please pm me.

But my question is. Would this be good enough for As1-3? All i want is to bring home a trophy or something. 3rd isn't a problem for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What i'm saying is, if you were in my shoe's what would you do?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.