Generated 10 DB Matched Sine Waves Corresponding To The 10 Band EQ On My HU. Will This Work For A Basic EQ Job?

Participant count
  • Participants list

DaboTheCat

CarAudio.com Recruit
PROCESS:
  1. Use Adobe Audition To Generate 10 DB Matched Sine Waves Corresponding To The 10 EQ Frequencies On My Headunit
  2. Measure the DB Volumes Of The 10 Different Waves Playing From Lossless Files In Car With SPL Meter App On iPhone 11
  3. Add Up The 10 Values And Divide By 10 To Get An Average
  4. Play Each Wave Again, This Time Adjusting The Headunit EQ Until The DB Reaches The Average
Will this ghetto but resourceful method increase the accuracy of my car system? What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?
c4yI3MK.jpg

I'm confused now... What are you trying to achieve?

PROCESS:
  1. Use Adobe Audition To Generate 10 DB Matched Sine Waves Corresponding To The 10 EQ Frequencies On My Headunit
  2. Measure the DB Volumes Of The 10 Different Waves Playing From Lossless Files In Car With SPL Meter App On iPhone 11
  3. Add Up The 10 Values And Divide By 10 To Get An Average
  4. Play Each Wave Again, This Time Adjusting The Headunit EQ Until The DB Reaches The Average
Will this ghetto but resourceful method increase the accuracy of my car system? What are your thoughts?
nope wrong in every account.
1st off, you cannot trust phone mics, they are trash for any kind of audio analysis. You need a specially calibrated mic designed for RTA (real time analyzer) duty.
With the RTA, you'll be running pink noise and then make adjustments to flatten out the peaks in the frequency response and adjust crossover points between mid and tweeter to tame unnatural peaks that cannot be tamed by EQ.
Run a 2 way active front stage and ditch your passive crossovers, get a better active capable head unit if you want real results.

An RTA mic setup is around $80 if i remember correctly. You have A LOT of reading to do ranging from TA to EQ. I still haven't fully figured it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DaboTheCat

CarAudio.com Recruit
DaboTheCat
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
wew lad