Gaming - PC and Consoles

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Ah I see, yeah you'll definitely want something of that nature for storage. One of the new features of the 3000 series is a direct load from the NIC, ordinarily the GPU would ask the CPU to fetch it data for textures (which are the majority of the load times for games), but now the CPU can focus on more important things. This is particularly good for high framerates because the CPU is often the limiting factor, not the GPU. I think finally the SSD is going to shine for games in a way it never has before. That's all marketing hype from Nvidia though, I always wait for the in-depth reviews before spending a dollar.

Intel vs AMD right now it's honestly hard to decide because AMD is dominating in almost every single metric for data, but games are still largely made for an intel-like instruction set. Once the Ryzen series is on top for another year or so I expect most of the games will have gone more parallel, letting Ryzen do what it does best. Intel's only the king of single thread performance, but that's how lazy programmers program. I believe the Unreal engine is about to get a huge update and I expect to see some vastly improved AMD benchmarks from that.
I like saving money which is why I have always used AMD stuff... sure they have almost always been behind in performance but I had stand alone game systems back then. Now, I use my PC for gaming but Intel is so proud of their stuff... I am glad AMD is finally up there in performance too. I have my GPU's led's set to change color with temps - green - yellow - red. red being the hottest. I was surprised to see how some games are GPU intensive and get a nice orange color out of the card while others wont even budge out of the green. I have a BIG case with BIG 140mm fans all over it and it stays cool... but when those certain games turn that card orange I can feel the heat on my legs as the hot air comes out of the case. I am curious on thermals with the next cards.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
:ROFLMAO:

before and after.jpg

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I decided to put a PS2 emulator on my PC. Don't know why I hadn't done this before now. Been playing Gran Turismo 4 like a boss!!

Breaker

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2020
Usa
Got a MSI laptop with a 2060. External cooler. Plays most shit on high in 4k. Im gonna wait until the 6900 comes out till I buy another unit. 8k gaming on a 72" is the next setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Latest classifieds