G6 GT Transplant/New Build

I was 16 and working at the auto parts store all they had left was a manual S-10, I was told jump in and learn while taking these parts down to this place. Mind you it was on Jefferson Street in Joliet, IL which is basically a mini-chicago and that street is one of the 3 busiest in town. I learned real quick like on how to drive and shift a manual vehicle. Best way to learn just jump in and go.
I learned how to drive a manual when I was 12 in a 68 F100 with a 390 and a three on the tree

Hate to break it to you bro but that doesn't make you a professional driver. It also has nothing to do with my post. Please say that because you deliver pizzas you are a professional driver. Please do it
Professional... Paid. I get paid to deliver pizza. Have been paid to race dirt track cars. Paid to deliver beer. To drive big trucks. To drive forklifts. So on and so on.

In 33 years of continuous employment I have acquired many skills. MANY SKILLS. From assembly, to driving, to diagnostics, to educations, to so many things it would make you **** thinking about it. Laugh all you want. If need be, I will most certainly never go without gainful employment.
Calm down Karen I didn't even say anything. And that line about making me **** thinking about it is BEYOND hilarious. Now I'm literally laughing at you.🤣🤣🤣

I started driving around 10 or so as we lived on the river and us & the two neighbors paid for a private launch ramp for the jet skis, speed boats and pontoon boats we all had. Dad made sure I was able to back up down a long street with those attached from about that age. No teaching just get in and go he said gotta learn somehow. Plus at 12 when I went through Coast Guard and Power Squadron he gave me keys to the speed boat and pontoon & said have fun. Nothing like being 12 years old and flying around at 60-70mph on the river with friends in a 20-25K speed boat,lol.

Now in Illinois it was around oh 15 years ago iirc they were trying to raise the starting drive age from 16 to iirc 18 might have even been 21 icr. I know my godson was born before the date that it was set to go in but I know some of my friends have said that their kids now can't drive without one of them in the car till they hit that age. Will have to ask them this weekend when I am down what they set the age at or if it got repealed as there was a huge outcry over it.

I started driving around 10 or so as we lived on the river and us & the two neighbors paid for a private launch ramp for the jet skis, speed boats and pontoon boats we all had. Dad made sure I was able to back up down a long street with those attached from about that age. No teaching just get in and go he said gotta learn somehow. Plus at 12 when I went through Coast Guard and Power Squadron he gave me keys to the speed boat and pontoon & said have fun. Nothing like being 12 years old and flying around at 60-70mph on the river with friends in a 20-25K speed boat,lol.

Now in Illinois it was around oh 15 years ago iirc they were trying to raise the starting drive age from 16 to iirc 18 might have even been 21 icr. I know my godson was born before the date that it was set to go in but I know some of my friends have said that their kids now can't drive without one of them in the car till they hit that age. Will have to ask them this weekend when I am down what they set the age at or if it got repealed as there was a huge outcry over it.
I believe they should raise the age to 18

I don't know many 16 year olds are mature, my neighbors daughter is now 18 and is by far the most mature teenager I have ever met. She has been that way for many years.

Problem is you have some that are just too immature to drive at 16 and you have a lot that are mature. That gets into the why punish the good people who follow rules when others can not and vice versa.

I don't have an issue with them driving at 16. My issue is parents not teaching correctly, not taking responsibility for their kids and letting them run wild as soon as they turn 16 & start to drive. Or they hand them keys to a Mustang GT then wonder why they wrecked it and so on.

It is a odd issue for sure I can see why it should be 18 but I can also see why it should stay 16. I know as soon as I turned 16 home was just a place to sleep or for me to be out on the river with the boats or jet skis. But I was also mature enough to handle that stuff whereas I had friends that had no business being out there on the river with their parents boat and they were.

K, thanks.

We already have that here
It's called graduated licensing
You get a license when you 16 but there are all kinds of restrictions
Who can be in the car, when you can drive, no driving on the big highways. You get a big "N"magnet for the back of your car to tell everyone your a novice
Last for 2 years then you take another road test to get your full license.
No restrictions on what kind of car you drive though which is retarded.
Gu-G9m-R9km8-Hbj-Wblvku2-S0ls-S64-SIcv-ZRv-A7xr-Fvw-E.jpg

You can see in the pictures that my subs were trapped in the trunk. It took me about 30 minutes but I was able to extract both subs without damage. The trunk has taken many days of rain since it got compacted and the box has gotten very wet so there is no saving the box. Luckily P3's are aluminum so I saved them. I forgot how heavy these 10's are.

Attachments

• 20210817_120832.jpg
    20210817_120832.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210817_120840.jpg
    20210817_120840.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210817_120850.jpg
    20210817_120850.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210817_120853.jpg
    20210817_120853.jpg