G6 GT Transplant/New Build

Not mad at all. I was just letting LSGUY to not do what I did. I rarely wear underwear, and, when I do it's usually something very unusual. You seem a little triggered.
Not even close to triggered, however, it's my thread and if I wanted to let him know anything I am perfectly capable of doing so. I know you want me to be triggered so you can feel like you accomplished something but no thanks. Go play in somebody else's pool.

Lights installed:

20210520-141821.jpg

Not even close to triggered, however, it's my thread and if I wanted to let him know anything I am perfectly capable of doing so. I know you want me to be triggered so you can feel like you accomplished something but no thanks. Go play in somebody else's pool.

Thanks for pointing me out and not him, very classy move. I couldn't care less if you think I hijacked your thread. I was actually responding to Buck talking about Buick's. So, I was actually the third person. Sounds like somebody has an axe to grind. 🤣

I may use the factory wiring. I found some help on the G6 forum.

2006-Pontiac-G6-Amp-Bypass-Diagram.jpg

Finished-Bypass-Wiring.jpg

That shouldn't be too bad. I used to have this app that would give me all the wire colors and types on my phone, made it so easy to tap into wires, wherever you could find them. I wish I remembered what it was, it worked awesome for many many vehicles.

This stupid hypocritical crap is why everybody blocks you. You're the problem here, not anyone else. Get a clue.

I was the third person to say something, yet, the only one called out. Anyway, I deleted all of my posts and wished the OP good luck with his build. So, what exactly did I do wrong this time?

What year is it ?
You might have stated it somewhere but I can't seem to find it
Are you just hardwiring everything in or are you using an adapter.
I had a 2007 Cobalt SS/SC and I had a use a GMOS-LAN 03 or 04 I can't remember.
It made the door chimes and the turn signals embarrassing loud but when I bypassed the stock amp I lost the sound altogether so I put an tweeter under the dash and hooked it up to the factory amp
How are those cars for rattles
The back decklid on that Cobalt was a ***** to get quiet

What year is it ?
You might have stated it somewhere but I can't seem to find it
Are you just hardwiring everything in or are you using an adapter.
I had a 2007 Cobalt SS/SC and I had a use a GMOS-LAN 03 or 04 I can't remember.
It made the door chimes and the turn signals embarrassing loud but when I bypassed the stock amp I lost the sound altogether so I put an tweeter under the dash and hooked it up to the factory amp
How are those cars for rattles
The back decklid on that Cobalt was a ***** to get quiet
It is an 07 G6 GT Sedan (4 door).

I am not sure fully how I want to wire everything. I have a RF 3Sixty.3 DSP and I have a shallow chassis Kenwood eXcelon DD head unit. I have It wired in the 08 GT so that it retains the Retained Accessory Power like factory but I lost all the functions the factory radio has like oil life, door lock settings, Trip meters, MPG and distance stuff, security stuff. I know Metra has a dash kit that retains most of that stuff I think. I am probably just going to hook up the Kenwood how I have it now and run my Knukonceptz Krystal RCA's to the trunk into the RF dsp and out to the amps. I may hide the mids and highs amp near the factory Monsoon amp and use its wires to get to the front components. For that I would hard wire in from the outputs of my Soundstream Rubicon Nano which is so far much better than my US Acoustic amp. This little thing just doesn't give a f#*k!! Bumps, Heat, Running full tilt... it barely gets warm.

The car door panels rattle.... noting a proper sound treatment couldn't fix. I know in the coupe the sun visors and sunroof are pretty buzzy with the bass. The coupe also rattled the back deck. I overcome all that by just turning it up louder. ;)

I use an Axxess brand wire harness for the radio and the brain to retain the R.A.P. I had no issues with door chimes or head light reminder chimes.

https://axxessinterfaces.com/

It is an 07 G6 GT Sedan (4 door).

I am not sure fully how I want to wire everything. I have a RF 3Sixty.3 DSP and I have a shallow chassis Kenwood eXcelon DD head unit. I have It wired in the 08 GT so that it retains the Retained Accessory Power like factory but I lost all the functions the factory radio has like oil life, door lock settings, Trip meters, MPG and distance stuff, security stuff. I know Metra has a dash kit that retains most of that stuff I think. I am probably just going to hook up the Kenwood how I have it now and run my Knukonceptz Krystal RCA's to the trunk into the RF dsp and out to the amps. I may hide the mids and highs amp near the factory Monsoon amp and use its wires to get to the front components. For that I would hard wire in from the outputs of my Soundstream Rubicon Nano which is so far much better than my US Acoustic amp. This little thing just doesn't give a f#*k!! Bumps, Heat, Running full tilt... it barely gets warm.

The car door panels rattle.... noting a proper sound treatment couldn't fix. I know in the coupe the sun visors and sunroof are pretty buzzy with the bass. The coupe also rattled the back deck. I overcome all that by just turning it up louder. ;)

I use an Axxess brand wire harness for the radio and the brain to retain the R.A.P. I had no issues with door chimes or head light reminder chimes.

https://axxessinterfaces.com/

Just an idea, if trashing the factory radio loses that many features, have you considered going the cheap and easy way, and just doing a standalone system using a Bluetooth module directly into the dsp? Leave the factory radio, retain all stock functions, hide the aftermarket setup and control audio using your phone

Just an idea, if trashing the factory radio loses that many features, have you considered going the cheap and easy way, and just doing a standalone system using a Bluetooth module directly into the dsp? Leave the factory radio, retain all stock functions, hide the aftermarket setup and control audio using your phone
I have been toying with that idea. I have the Bluetooth dongle for my 3.Sixty and I have the high level input harness for it and I could absolutely use my phone for the bluetooth audio. However, I would want to mount the DSP in the trunk and my phone stays high up on the dash, I don't know if that would interfere with the bluetooth signal or not. I know bluetooth doesn't like going through objects. It would be going through a front seat, the back seat and a subwoofer enclosure.

The manual says it can be mounted in the trunk...

"Trunk Mounting - The recommended orientation would be on the floor, as this would provide the best possible range for the Bluetooth controller. The device may be mounted in any other orientation as long as Bluetooth range is maintained. Each vehicle is made of different materials and this may inhibit the Bluetooth range as well. The less metal between the device and controller, the better the signal strength will be.
Passenger Compartment Mounting - This would be the ideal location for the device, as this would provide the optimal Bluetooth range" - RF manual.

I have been toying with that idea. I have the Bluetooth dongle for my 3.Sixty and I have the high level input harness for it and I could absolutely use my phone for the bluetooth audio. However, I would want to mount the DSP in the trunk and my phone stays high up on the dash, I don't know if that would interfere with the bluetooth signal or not. I know bluetooth doesn't like going through objects. It would be going through a front seat, the back seat and a subwoofer enclosure.
If mounting it noticeably interferes with the signal, that is a terrible bluetooth module. I have a logitech module in my garage right now, and it's currently connected to my phone. It's like 100 ft away from me. I'm in my house. 2 interior walls, one exterior wall, and one metal garage wall between my phone and the module.

If it's a problem, why not grab a Bluetooth module with rca outputs. Mount it under the dash, run rcas into the dsp

I have a 360.3
Its mounted in the trunk and I don't have any issues with the bluetooth connecting and that's with an Infiniti Q50 which is a bigger car
In fact when I remote start the car it still links up when my phone is in my bedroom 3 stories up on the back side of the house
I don't think you will have any problems

I have a 360.3
Its mounted in the trunk and I don't have any issues with the bluetooth connecting and that's with an Infiniti Q50 which is a bigger car
In fact when I remote start the car it still links up when my phone is in my bedroom 3 stories up on the back side of the house
I don't think you will have any problems
No joke. Ok, ok... I will give it a shot in the trunk.

Was having brake caliper issues again today... second missed day of work because of it. Since I can't quite swap stereo stuff over just yet I discovered that the OEM radio does indeed output sound... AM radio is normal and loud and CD's are normal and loud. FM radio barely outputs sound at full volume. I was able to verify that all 6 factory amplified speakers work. Soooooo I pulled out some speakers I had forgotten about, my 6.5" Kenwood eXcelons from a component set I blew one of the tweeters on. I installed them into the factory speaker pods and they are a perfect fit for mounting and screws. Like OEM. They added noticeable midbass over the paper cone stock speakers. I may see if I can get my Dayton Audio titanium tweeters to mount in the stock locations as well.

20210522-1637351.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...