Not open for further replies.

cerrone100s

CarAudio.com Newbie
Price
$Listed
Both sets were sold.

ITEM BRAND & MODEL #: HERTZ MLK 165.3
SUBJECT
: Two complete sets of Hertz MLK 165.3 for sale.

1. Hertz MLK 165.3 - a brand new set - sealed, bought less than a month ago from an authorized dealer store (not online).
2. Hertz MLK 165.3 - an used set. I bought them new on 25 May 2018 from an authorized dealer store (not online). Their actual usage is around two years. Condition is quite good with everything in the box. The midwoofer grilles, filters and hardware are brand new.

CONDITION:
1. New in Box- sealed, never used, mounted or installed. I really don’t want to open the box just to take some pictures, since the sets are absolutely identical.
2. Used for around two years. Run them active through Hertz H8 DSP with JBL MS-A1004 amp. There are normal small hardly visible marks from the installation around the mounting holes. One thing I noticed while I was removing them from the vehicle – one of the tweeter grilles has a slight indentation inside (shown on one of the photos). There is no peeling paint, just the metal is pressed very slightly inwards. It can certainly be fixed. The fact that I noticed it when uninstalling them shows that it is not noticeable after they are fitted in the car – had them mounted off-axis on A-pillars, visible to the eye.

PRICE:
1. New set Hertz MLK 165.3 - $600
2. Used set Hertz MLK 165.3 - $460

SHIPPING:
$15 CONUS for each set CONUS

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The MLK 165.3 model shares identical technical characteristics with its counterpart MLK 1650.3.
When I bought them, I choose practicality over the aestheticality, especially because of the design of the tweeter. The fact that ML 28.3 is completely protected by a grille made me choose this model over ML 1650.3, where ML 280.3 dome is quite exposed and unprotected from any mechanical damage. Apparently I came out right for myself - the grille protected the tweeter from a further damage and kept it safe.

The dealer explained to me that the difference between this MLK 165.3 and MLK 1650.3 is mainly in two things - in the design of the body of the tweeter (otherwise, it is the same tweeter structure inside two different bodies); and that the midwoofers use different magnet material - ferrite magnet vs. neo magnet.

Here is some info taken for Hertz’s web page:
The MLK 165.3 Legend car audio speakers system is composed of the ML 28.3 Legend tweeter and the ML 165.3 Legend woofer with the MLCX 165.3 dedicated crossover. The woofer originates from the ML 1650.3 Legend, inheriting all its technologies such as the Boundary Free Surround, the V-cone profile Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibres, the six spoke aluminum basket with vented holes; however, it has been designed employing a high density ferrite magnet assembly, characterizing its emission in the mid frequency range. The ML 28.3 Legend tweeter mounts the same Neodymium magnet assembly as the ML 280.3 Legend’s and features all the optimizations made with FEA methods on the dome profile, and that it shares with its “older brother”, except for the most esoteric features such as the die-cast aluminum faceplate, the CNC machined body made from solid aluminum block and the copper short circuit ring. Like MLCX 2 TW.3, also the MLCX 165.3 crossover features the “Hi-Contour” control to adjust the ML 28.3 tweeter cut-off frequency and so the cross-point with the ML 165.3 woofer, according to the position of the two speakers in the car. Through the tweeter three position level control, with 2 dB step attenuation, the level for a correct timbre balance can be fine-tuned according to one’s own tastes.
  • 6-1/2" Mille Legend Series 2-Way Component Speaker System
  • Power Handling:
    • Peak: 300 watts per side / 600 watts per set
    • RMS: 150 watts per side / 300 watts per set
  • Impedance: 4 Ohms
  • Frequency Reponse Hz: 40
  • Sensitivity dB SPL: 91
  • Voice coil Ø mm (in.): Woofer 36 (1.4) Tweeter 28 (1.1)
  • Woofer size mm (in.): 165 (6.5)
  • Tweeter magnet: Neodymium
  • Woofer cone: Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibres
  • Tweeter dome: Tetolon
  • Crossover type: 2 Way Passive Crossover
  • Crossover cut off: 3.5 kHz - 12 dB Oct

Was Photo Included
  1. Yes
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity