FS: Sager NP8235 Gaming Laptop

Participant count
  • Participants list

whitedragon551
5,000+ posts

IL
Item(s) for Sale:

I have a Sager NP8235 gaming laptop that I am parting ways with as I just purchased a new one.

I have recently replaced the CPU and GPU thermal paste with some Thermaltake TG-7 compound. I also replaced the CPU and GPU fans as one of them had a slight grind in the bearings.

Comes with a fresh install of Windows 8.1 with updated drivers and latest BIOS version flashed.

Specs:

Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz-3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Haswell CPU

NVIDIA GeForce GTX770 3Gb GDDR5 GPU

12Gb of RAM

Intel Wireless AC7260 wireless card

Windows 8.1 x64 Pro

120Gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD

15.4" 1920x1080 60Hz screen

CD Drive to 2.5" HD/SSD Caddy (Will include so you can add more SSD space if you would like)

I do have the original box, drivers CD (although outdated), charger, and CPU/GPU fans if you would like them.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

There is some wear on some of the keys, but an external keyboard was used for the most part. It will also need a new battery as it doesnt hold a charge as long as it could. It will still last around an hour on battery. Aside from that everything else is in great condition.

Price:

$500

Price is firm. You can get a similar used system on eBay for about $650-$700.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Free

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

I feel ya. What's the new one?
Sager NP8157

Windows 10 x64 Pro

GTX 1070 8Gb GPU

Intel i7 7700HQ quad core 2.8-3.6Ghz CPU (Kaby Lake)

16Gb of RAM

250Gb Samsung 960 Evo NVMe SSD + I added another 750Gb of SSD space in the SATA drive slots

Killer Networking Wireless AC card

120Hz UHD display

Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste for the GPU/CPU

Sager NP8157Windows 10 x64 Pro

GTX 1070 8Gb GPU

Intel i7 7700HQ quad core 2.8-3.6Ghz CPU (Kaby Lake)

16Gb of RAM

250Gb Samsung 960 Evo NVMe SSD + I added another 750Gb of SSD space in the SATA drive slots

Killer Networking Wireless AC card

120Hz UHD display

Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste for the GPU/CPU
how much improved? what you playing? I haven't played in a while my cpu is about as good as the one your selling but it runs D3 on high so its not to bad..

how much improved? what you playing? I haven't played in a while my cpu is about as good as the one your selling but it runs D3 on high so its not to bad..
I play all kinds of stuff. FPS, MOBA's, Simulators, etc. Lately Ive been playing alot of Smite, Stellaris, HAWKEN, and PlayerUnknowns, plus I stream. There isnt much difference between the old and the new except for when streaming. I can stream at higher bit rates and have better processing than before while still having the same game play experience. The main benefit came in the weight and battery life since I travel alot.

about 3 generations of cpu and graphics cards. Its a huge upgrade. A lot more than he's making it seem to be lol.

about 3 generations of cpu and graphics cards. Its a huge upgrade. A lot more than he's making it seem to be lol.
For what I do its not really noticeable. Im sure for someone playing games on all high graphics or running multiple Virtual machines, and going from a 60Hz to a 120Hz screen would be able to tell a significant difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

whitedragon551

5,000+ posts
whitedragon551
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views