Found out some cool stuff

Jim Boom
10+ year member

Physical Sound Waves
MON
Did ya all know that efficientcy on a sub woofer in decibles means? I didn't but I found out that if Subwoofer A, has 3 decible greater efficiency than Subwoofer B than subwoofer A only requires half the power of subwoofer B to get the same amout of Db.

It really does mean a whole lot when you start comparing brands since they dont all use the same methods to take this maesurment. Most brands DB efficiancy is scued and not actual.

Audiobahn's i have seen really can handle that much usually but just sound like crap doing it. lots of peeps in my town run audiobahn subs

Im not trying to challeng anyones itteligence or anything, just letting you know. I mean if I didn't know I would want to.

Im not trying to challeng anyones itteligence or anything, just letting you know. I mean if I didn't know I would want to.
Efficiancy rateing would probably be more helpful if all companies used a set standard to measure it. I used to take the db rating into consideration when building a system but not anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.