FM modulator adjustment

bandito

I am instaling a used sony CDX-51 in a '85 Delta 88. I intend to have it play tied into my existing radio. I do not have a manual suplied, as the unit was aquired from a pawn shop. The reception of the FM modulator that came with it is the shits.

Q: How do i adjust either my radio, the changer or the FM modulator so that i can get decent reception?

I do not know the model of the FM modulator, but it works with the "comander display"

Most FM Modulators go between the antenna and the radio. They put out an FM signal that you have to tune your radio to. The FM frequency is usually adjustable somehow, so you can find a spot on the FM dial that has no stations in your area. The method of adjusting frequency is different for each manufacturer. Cheap ones have a screwdriver slot with a tuning screw. Better ones are digitally tuned and you have a switch or jumpers somewhere.

Your changer has to have output signals compatible with the modulator's inputs. Without any manuals, your guess is as good as anybody's.

Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.