Flush mount tweeter size request

Participant count
  • Participant list

TurboWood

CarAudio.com Newbie
SoCal
Hello Everyone,
I’m looking for some tweeters that will fit in the stock location of my ‘96 Jag XJ. They fit in the rear doors and to be honest I’m more worried about how easy it will be to install and how it will look than I am about sound quality. The car has the premium Harmon Karmon system from the day which is good enough for me, but the tweeters have all failed and the mounting system on the rears was damaged by a previous owner. I replaced the front tweeters with Hertz 24.3, but in that case I was able to hide them behind the factory grill which I can’t do in the rear because of the damaged mount.

So, ideally what I’m looking for is a threaded body flush mount that will fit in a 1-5/8” hole and has a mounting flange diameter of 2”. I’ve not been able to find this combination. It seems the 1” tweeters have mounting flanges around 2”, but need a 1-3/4” hole, and the 3/4” tweeters fit in the hole I have, but don’t have a large enough flange for my ideal setup.

From an aesthetic perspective I like the JBL 3/4” GTO 750T and that has the benefit of maintaining some consistency in Harmon products in the car, but I’ve been unable to confirm the size of the flush mount. JBL themselves have been working on getting me this information for a week and can only tell me they have a request internally.

That’s a long story to ask the following:

- Doese anyone know if a nice looking tweeter that fits in a 1-5/8” hole with 2” flange diamter
- Doese anyone know if the JBL club and GTO 750T tweeters use the same flush mount?
- Does the JBL GTO 750T flush mount fit in a 1-5/8” hole?

Thanks!
Daniel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.