flat cones weak?

The T joint is where the former meets the back of the flat eD "cone". Basically what happened before is the glue separated so that when the sub moved in or out due to the voice coils and whatnot, the cone of the sub didnt move with the rest of the sub. The former basically jackhammered into the back of the flat "cone". Ive never heard of this happening with the kx series and I wouldnt expect it as they are used in low power situations.

i was lookin around and i heard that flat cones were mot very durable and this concerned me considerin i was thinkin of getting 2 eD kx 12" subs and they have the flat cone. should i be worried???
They're fine if you're not an idiot.

- Steve

here's a pic of a T-joint failure

381419_17_full.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.