first wall, need advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrray13
10+ year member

uz some fegbags
IL
ok, here goes.............................

in about two weeks, my bro-in-law and i are going to wall his firebird for 2 id splmax(not real for sure what they're called)15's. i guess we need about 3-3.5 cuft for each and want to use a single rectangular port. the subs are dvc2ohm and to start are going to be pushed by a rf 800.2. here's the questions..........................

1) where do i start?

2)better to build inside the vehicle?

3)shape a big concern?any shapes take away from spl?

4)anyone know how i can get ahold of matt borgardt?

5)any other suggestions will be appreciated!!

thnx in advance!

Here's Matt's Email address idtech@imagedynamicsusa.com

Start by gathering all the info about your particular subs you can. Then start crunching the numbers with a box building program or two. Find the optimum enclosure and tuning for the space you have to work with and your vehicle. To me it's easier to build as much as I can outside of the car. But when your building a wall it's hard to do that. I havn't found the shape of the enclsorue to be a big concern. Unless your building this wall in a school bus or something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I use bassbox pro 6.0. I got it at http://www.partsexpress.com There are several other good ones out there also. I believe I remember Bigbassman, and jlaine using another that they liked. I can't remember right off the top of my head. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thnx ramos, i've downloaded that WinISD, as well. the only problem with it is, i'm not for sure about the model number of his subs. it has alot listed for id, but which ones?! anywho, i'm gonna get this thing your talking about, and see from there.

thnx again!

hey, where/ how did you get bassbox pro 6.0 for that link? i can't find it!

thnx again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.