First audio upgrade: Head Unit vs ???

The Pioneer ts-wx140 active sub was installed this morning, and I have been driving around with a stupid grin on my face. The sub has made a significant difference. The Alpine ilx-507a plus Alpine KTA-450 amp drives the Focal speakers well - lots of clarity, detail and imaging - but the largest speakers are the ICU-130 (i.e. 5 1/4"), and deeper bass was absent. I should have gone for the ICU-165 speakers, but was not confident they would fit the doors of the Boxster (and the factory speakers were 5 1/4"). Interestingly, the added low end seems to allow more detail to come through in the higher ranges.

Music source is mainly Hi Res FLAC files on a 1Tb SSD connected by USB to the Head Unit. Second source is Tidal, again Hi Res files, streamed via an iPhone (at this stage - the HU has Tidal built in).

Regards from Perth

Derek

Usually, you will need to format an SSD after purchase in order to ensure itā€™s compatible with your operating system or if you are moving the SSD from one device to another. exFAT is the preferred file format for flash storage drives that you share between Windows and Mac. That said, windows isnā€™t really a player in the car audio scene, for internal device hardware that is, itā€™s Apple or Androind. Unless someone can chime in who knows more than I, (not hard to do) I would think that formatting the drive in exFAT would be best. Android devices come with FAT32 as the default file system mostly. Since OS version 4.1, Android models also support exFAT for the removal of media in the form of SD cards and flash drives.Jul 20, 2023

M2cā€¦
FAT 32 worked fine for me with my JVC unit. Other formats didn't work. I had to do some research when my external hard drive wouldn't work. I used the open source application called Guiformat to format the hard drive.

index.php

FAT 32 worked fine for me with my JVC unit. Other formats didn't work. I had to do some research when my external hard drive wouldn't work. I used the open source application called Guiformat to format the hard drive.
True. I was addressing the MAC/Windows/ Android compatibility thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...