Finished my 12v Headway SuperBeast 96ah Lithium Battery Pack

I love the smell of hostility and lithium in the morning! Oh how could I forget burnt coil too!

A balancer AND a monitor! Good job. It's a great start to learn the lay of the land. No compression needed and much more forgiving. Not to mention cheap. Better than AGM think we can all agree. Hell the weight savings alone is a plus (makes the 100lbs subs that much less worrisome on the rear suspension!)

2 points..... Who is knocking caps? Don't be dumb! Learn your facts! In the audio world caps are like peanut butter and tuna fish! (IYKYK)

"Commercial batteries" are mainly LiFePo4, Some LTO commercial batteries are also 5s so be careful! Most EV now days are NMC, that's for the big dogs and if you f..k around you will get bit.

Respect lithium and it will respect you.

Also, it doesn't matter what you know or what you did nor for how long, there's 2 things that remain true, you can always learn something and there's always someone who knows more than you! Put your tiny d..ks away.

RC and LiPo really is not the same as car audio. The same rules don't imply. We need charge discharge amperage and max charge voltage. Cut off voltage or Ah isn't really a factor because we are always charging. Ah's relevancy is only to tell us what chemistry and how many cells in parallel. Ah is not the same across the board, 45Ah of NMC will obliterate alike Ah of LTO and LiFePo4 all day long and not even puff up (😆)

You all need to settle down and stop being so damn uptight. This is why no one wants to speak up anymore because respect goes out the damn window online. If they said the same s..t they say online in person they would get hit real f..king quick. Be much more pleasurable of an experience if basic logic wasn't disregarded because they're behind a screen thinking they are king s..t!

Good job man, it's the right step in the right direction and just like every other thing in every other hobby, you will find yourself wanting more! It'll do for now! 🤣

Some points and topics could be addressed in a less harsh approach. Run what you want because at the end of the day most of will build tear down and build again. Trial and error are the best teachers in life so we waste a little money it won't kill us I have ran several different electrical setups and specs on paper and actually using the equipment vary IMO.

I love the smell of hostility and lithium in the morning! Oh how could I forget burnt coil too!

A balancer AND a monitor! Good job. It's a great start to learn the lay of the land. No compression needed and much more forgiving. Not to mention cheap. Better than AGM think we can all agree. Hell the weight savings alone is a plus (makes the 100lbs subs that much less worrisome on the rear suspension!)

2 points..... Who is knocking caps? Don't be dumb! Learn your facts! In the audio world caps are like peanut butter and tuna fish! (IYKYK)

"Commercial batteries" are mainly LiFePo4, Some LTO commercial batteries are also 5s so be careful! Most EV now days are NMC, that's for the big dogs and if you f..k around you will get bit.

Respect lithium and it will respect you.

Also, it doesn't matter what you know or what you did nor for how long, there's 2 things that remain true, you can always learn something and there's always someone who knows more than you! Put your tiny d..ks away.

RC and LiPo really is not the same as car audio. The same rules don't imply. We need charge discharge amperage and max charge voltage. Cut off voltage or Ah isn't really a factor because we are always charging. Ah's relevancy is only to tell us what chemistry and how many cells in parallel. Ah is not the same across the board, 45Ah of NMC will obliterate alike Ah of LTO and LiFePo4 all day long and not even puff up (😆)

You all need to settle down and stop being so damn uptight. This is why no one wants to speak up anymore because respect goes out the damn window online. If they said the same s..t they say online in person they would get hit real f..king quick. Be much more pleasurable of an experience if basic logic wasn't disregarded because they're behind a screen thinking they are king s..t!

Good job man, it's the right step in the right direction and just like every other thing in every other hobby, you will find yourself wanting more! It'll do for now! 🤣

From what I know of NMC, it's not actually better. It's more of a side-grade to LiFeP04. LTO is much less energy dense, but it's longevity, safety, and charge/discharge ability is far superior. I'll have to look into NMC more.

Matt

45Ah of NMC will obliterate alike Ah of LTO and LiFePo4 all day long
And what's the cycle life on those? What is your chief goal here? Stability, cold weather performance, energy density, cost, space/weight?
If they said the same s..t they say online in person they would get hit real f..king quick.
And if you run around hitting people for saying something that hurts your ego you'll wind up sued into penury (assuming you have any wealth) or in jail at best or potentially end your life bleeding out on the ground somewhere. You're about 150 years too late from "them was fightin' words" being an acceptable legal defense for committing assault and battery.

Where do all of you learn about this technology?
I'd love to do some reading and really improve my knowledge base on lithium.
There's this cool site called Google where you type **** in up top and it spits out places that mention whatever it is you've just typed in. Just be mindful of what is marketing hype, press releases, or biased reviews... just read as much as you can, use your ******** filter, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of what people are trying to tell you. If all else fails just buy cells and test/experiment for yourself.

As to the OP, I don't think the 12V audio community has ever really rallied behind mixing and matching batteries, but good luck to you. Come back in a few years and update this thread letting us know how this works out.

Just got finished modifying and wiring my Super Beast 96ah Lithium bank. Added a balancer and a bluetooth module.
Headway1-scaled.jpg

Headway2-scaled.jpg

Headway3-scaled.jpg

Headway4-scaled.jpg
Did you pull it apart and hook them up in parallel and balance them ? Jw bc i just converted one to 12v and didnt know if i could get away with not doing it

Hello everyone, can someone tell me why, tell me where to buy it cheap used?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Hailrazer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hailrazer
Boquete, Panama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views