Finished my 12v Headway SuperBeast 96ah Lithium Battery Pack

Hailrazer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just got finished modifying and wiring my Super Beast 96ah Lithium bank. Added a balancer and a bluetooth module.
Headway1-scaled.jpg

Headway2-scaled.jpg

Headway3-scaled.jpg

Headway4-scaled.jpg

Attachments

• 20221221_223247.jpg
    899.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20221221_223258.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 33
  • 20221221_223331.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20221221_223354.jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Larger, more expensive. Can't use alternator to charge. Can't run in parallel with agm. All things that were a factor for me.
I was wondering how good are them for voltage drop? I was specifically wondering between these and bank of yinlong 30ah cells. I have 6 of the yinlongs and the same super beast pack should be delivered today. I have a agm that rest at 14 and ultracap with my alternator putting out about 14 to the supercap. I want to install one or the other with or without isolater to try and keep my voltage stable as possible. I only have two tens with about 1500-2000 watts or so. I work a lot so haven't had the chance to really be able to test anything yet and also have to get a few misc items to complete both battery banks. Thank you sincerely everyone.

I was wondering how good are them for voltage drop? I was specifically wondering between these and bank of yinlong 30ah cells. I have 6 of the yinlongs and the same super beast pack should be delivered today. I have a agm that rest at 14 and ultracap with my alternator putting out about 14 to the supercap. I want to install one or the other with or without isolater to try and keep my voltage stable as possible. I only have two tens with about 1500-2000 watts or so. I work a lot so haven't had the chance to really be able to test anything yet and also have to get a few misc items to complete both battery banks. Thank you sincly everyone.

Well I have a 390amp HO Alternator, 2 750cca Gel AGM Batteries, and a 1150CCA SuperCapacitor. I was running a 5000 watt DS18 GF-5K1 amplifier. On extended demos I would drop to around 12.2-12.4V. After adding the Lithium I am now running a DS18 GF-8K1 , 8000 watt amplifier and I never drop below 13.5V

Well I have a 390amp HO Alternator, 2 750cca Gel AGM Batteries, and a 1150CCA SuperCapacitor. I was running a 5000 watt DS18 GF-5K1 amplifier. On extended demos I would drop to around 12.2-12.4V. After adding the Lithium I am now running a DS18 GF-8K1 , 8000 watt amplifier and I never drop below 13.5V

My 80 AH 6s LTO on a stock alt is holding 14.1-14.3v powering a smart 5 to soft clip along with another 600+w for for my front stage.

How much did you say your Alt, supercaps, and both your AGMs cost again? Oh right, you didn't. LiFeP04 is the inferior chemistry for car audio. Car audio branded lithium batteries are almost all LTO now with a few very expensive exceptions. The beast is a great value, but you really need 2 or 3 of them to get good performance on 5-6k builds.

Matt

My 80 AH 6s LTO on a stock alt is holding 14.1-14.3v powering a smart 5 to soft clip along with another 600+w for for my front stage.

How much did you say your Alt, supercaps, and both your AGMs cost again? Oh right, you didn't. LiFeP04 is the inferior chemistry for car audio. Car audio branded lithium batteries are almost all LTO now with a few very expensive exceptions. The beast is a great value, but you really need 2 or 3 of them to get good performance on 5-6k builds.

Matt

I had the 2 AGM's and the Supercap before I built the Lithium. Without those hooked up, the Lithium holds steady at 13.1V with 8K. I left the AGM's and the supercap in for running the system at the beach with the car off.

Keep trying though Bud, it's cute.

I had the 2 AGM's and the Supercap before I built the Lithium. Without those hooked up, the Lithium holds steady at 13.1V with 8K. I left the AGM's and the supercap in for running the system at the beach with the car off.

Keep trying though Bud, it's cute.

What do you think I'm trying to do? I've been on this forum long enough to know that arguing with stupid people goes nowhere. I've pointed out things to educate you and that's all. You want to spend your money on LiFeP04, have at it. You haven't won anything.

Personally, I'd rather buy something that is going to last longer, give me better performance, and take more abuse. Plus, I don't need a new alternator or any other battery/cap besides my bank.

Matt

What do you think I'm trying to do? I've been on this forum long enough to know that arguing with stupid people goes nowhere. I've pointed out things to educate you and that's all. You want to spend your money on LiFeP04, have at it. You haven't won anything.

Personally, I'd rather buy something that is going to last longer, give me better performance, and take more abuse. Plus, I don't need a new alternator or any other battery/cap besides my bank.

Matt

And yet you assume because you have been on a forum a long time you know more than someone who is new here. You don't need to try and "educate" me. I have been using Lithiums building portable gaming systems since they became mainstream. And I've been heavily into car audio since the mid 80's.

You have an opinion. I disagree. Go to another thread. Thanks. :)

And yet you assume because you have been on a forum a long time you know more than someone who is new here. You don't need to try and "educate" me. I have been using Lithiums building portable gaming systems since they became mainstream. And I've been heavily into car audio since the mid 80's.

You have an opinion. I disagree. Go to another thread. Thanks. :)

Ahh, we have another self-proclaimed lithium expert here gentlemen. My mistake sir, should I address you as doctor lithium from now on?

My membership comment has nothing to do with knowledge outside of knowing that new users don't listen to ****.

I could care less how long you have been messing with lithium. I have been messing with lithium polymer and lithium ion since the late 90's in RC planes. That technology is nothing like the current lithium.

I don't have an opinion, I have facts based on data and spec sheets. You choose to reject reality and substitute your own fantasy. I'm glad your system works as you want, that's all that matters. But when your LiFeP04 die in 4 years or so, upgrade to LTO and be done with it. Or don't, I could care less, it's your money and your system.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Hailrazer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hailrazer
Boquete, Panama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies