Finally putting a stereo in my Honda

ygbodybuilder10

Senior VIP Member
The last time I did a sound system Install was back in 2014 and with the help of this forum I got it done.
Now I'm in the process of setting my 2014 with a sound system nothing to heavy. I always hated the Honda sound quality so this was a long time coming. I have already started the process of burying the factory headunit behind the dash to keep all the factory settings such as the camera steering controls etc.

Kenwood DMX47s

Interior speakers:JBL Club 620
Morel Maximo Coax 6

Sub12 inch fuaudio

Amp: undecided

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_164217.jpg
    IMG_20220806_164217.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 30
id do a good set of comps upfront, sub in the trunk and an amp or 2

take out the rear dash speakers to let the bass vent into the cabin

Is this a Civic or Accord? Two or 4dr? I have a solid PPI 1k in the classifieds that would prob be a great amp for the sub? Its the last out of the bunch left

So u don't want me to have no rear speakers? Also I was thinking about adding a amp to my interior speakers I just dont like messing with the wires
Its really nice to put an amplifier on any speaker IMHO. Sounds and performs so much better than off radio/HU power alone. Its worth the time to be honest.

Why is this new headunit causing my speakers to distort at loud volume. My factory headunit didn't do this

I didn’t read about you replacing the door speakers, so are they factory? If so, that’d be why. Most factory H/Us put out about 5wpc. You now have a H/U putting out 10-12wpc. Those little quarter-sized magnets weren’t meant for much more than the stock H/U, let alone double.

I didn’t read about you replacing the door speakers, so are they factory? If so, that’d be why. Most factory H/Us put out about 5wpc. You now have a H/U putting out 10-12wpc. Those little quarter-sized magnets weren’t meant for much more than the stock H/U, let alone double.
Yup I replaced door speakers and just replaced rear speakers yesterday. What it was I had to adjust the crossovers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...