Finally putting a stereo in my Honda

ygbodybuilder10

Senior VIP Member
Feb 23, 2014
The last time I did a sound system Install was back in 2014 and with the help of this forum I got it done.
Now I'm in the process of setting my 2014 with a sound system nothing to heavy. I always hated the Honda sound quality so this was a long time coming. I have already started the process of burying the factory headunit behind the dash to keep all the factory settings such as the camera steering controls etc.

Kenwood DMX47s

Interior speakers:JBL Club 620
Morel Maximo Coax 6

Sub12 inch fuaudio

Amp: undecided

Last edited:

nauc

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Mar 22, 2005
id do a good set of comps upfront, sub in the trunk and an amp or 2

take out the rear dash speakers to let the bass vent into the cabin

Reactions: SlugButter

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Is this a Civic or Accord? Two or 4dr? I have a solid PPI 1k in the classifieds that would prob be a great amp for the sub? Its the last out of the bunch left

ygbodybuilder10

Senior VIP Member
Feb 23, 2014
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
id do a good set of comps upfront, sub in the trunk and an amp or 2

take out the rear dash speakers to let the bass vent into the cabin
So u don't want me to have no rear speakers? Also I was thinking about adding a amp to my interior speakers I just dont like messing with the wires

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
So u don't want me to have no rear speakers? Also I was thinking about adding a amp to my interior speakers I just dont like messing with the wires
Its really nice to put an amplifier on any speaker IMHO. Sounds and performs so much better than off radio/HU power alone. Its worth the time to be honest.

ygbodybuilder10

Senior VIP Member
Feb 23, 2014
Its really nice to put an amplifier on any speaker IMHO. Sounds and performs so much better than off radio/HU power alone. Its worth the time to be honest.
Yup that'sy next step to add a amp for the speakers I'm not really liking the sound right now, it is distorting and crackling at high volume

ygbodybuilder10

Senior VIP Member
Feb 23, 2014
Why is this new headunit causing my speakers to distort at loud volume. My factory headunit didn't do this

Zman2k2

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 11, 2022
Why is this new headunit causing my speakers to distort at loud volume. My factory headunit didn't do this
I didn’t read about you replacing the door speakers, so are they factory? If so, that’d be why. Most factory H/Us put out about 5wpc. You now have a H/U putting out 10-12wpc. Those little quarter-sized magnets weren’t meant for much more than the stock H/U, let alone double.

Reactions: audiobaun

ygbodybuilder10

Senior VIP Member
Feb 23, 2014
I didn’t read about you replacing the door speakers, so are they factory? If so, that’d be why. Most factory H/Us put out about 5wpc. You now have a H/U putting out 10-12wpc. Those little quarter-sized magnets weren’t meant for much more than the stock H/U, let alone double.
Yup I replaced door speakers and just replaced rear speakers yesterday. What it was I had to adjust the crossovers

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.