Finally got my160

Participant count
  • Participant list

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran

This took forever, about a year waiting on amps then another year to find a good source of softparts. Now I need to make some kind of podium because they won't let me sit in there anymore to meter.

Man.. Thats Bad azz!! People do not know what it takes when trying to chase a Number and the experience you receive once you met that goal. Lots of hard work and funds as mostly patience. Very Nice to Hear you made it!!! Excellent. Got be a hell of a feeling man!! Nice

Probably should cross out your name :)

Nicely Done!

Not like I'm trying to be anonymous here, nor as though I'm tying a bunch of other personal data here.
Man.. Thats Bad azz!! People do not know what it takes when trying to chase a Number and the experience you receive once you met that goal. Lots of hard work and funds as mostly patience. Very Nice to Hear you made it!!! Excellent. Got be a hell of a feeling man!! Nice
The real tragedy here is not much has changed in the past year except for finally finding all the softparts to rebuild my subs. Really I should have done this 3 years ago with the big Zenon board amps I had but one of them was awaiting a repair (that never happened) for like a year.

Thanks though, it was exciting and also surprising. My initial testing showed a very poor number and I actually got so discouraged I did a little gain tweaking then didn't even bother test again figuring I'd get really deep into testing next year at some point. I didn't even bother to tape up around the woofer frames which usually gains me 2-3 tenths.

What are the specifics of the system Jon? You can always edit the post and replace the pic with your name removed.

Same wall as in my build log, same Shocker neo 15s, two sundown SFB 8Ks and a 240AH YingLong bank. Only thing changed really this year was putting D2.8 coils in the subs to get those 8Ks seeing .7 each.

What's very interesting is how much I'm still gaining from just throwing more power at those subs.

I'm not particularly worried if any of you clowns know my name. I've done probably 30 trades here in the past and know several people on here IRL, not that hard to figure out who I am.

I guess what I'm asking is how modified is the vehicle if any at all?
I've got a build log posted around here somewhere. Pretty much a "stock" class so none of the roof, floor, door or glass modifications that would gain big are allowed. Meter at the dash with dB Drag style jig, doors and windows closed. We used to have 3 wall classes based on cone area, now I think there's only 2, the first tier topping out at 2 18's or thereabouts. So in the bigger regional shows that's putting me up against Bob Perillo's old blue van with 12 15s on 8K each. That van does 65's without breaking anything (or with half the amps or 3 subs blown) and supposedly can do 170 with all amps and subs working.

That and there's another guy in Rhode Island that's looking to do a serious SPL vehicle in that class for next year, so there's really no way I'm competing with those guys unless I buy a cargo van and/or build something that can only play one tone.

Honestly around here I'd be more competitive in the extreme class if I just welded some 1/4" steel to the roof, floors, and doors or similar since everybody in those classes mostly plays music, but on the worldwide stage if you're not into 170s they'd laugh you out of extreme modified classes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hispls

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
hispls
Central Maine
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies