Votes: 16 34.8%
  • 10" DA TDX (power matched)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • 10" JL W7 (slightly overpowered)

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters

me350z
10+ year member

Well..... after much contemplating on what new amp to buy, i decided to save money and stay with my 800w Audiobahn for now. My question is which 10" sub, excluding price, should i get. RE XXX, will be underpowered, Diamond Audio TDX, will be matched perfectly, or JL Audio W7, which might be slightly overpowered. Personally i think the W7, but i want to know what you think!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Thanks.

The W7 loves power...Overpowering it a tad wont be a problem. However, what does your audiobahn output at 3 ohm? usually audiobahn usually rates their amps max output based on a 1 ohm load. If this is the case you'll only be getting 800 watts at 1 ohm not 3.

Me personally I would get the XXX (they should finally be shipping again here soon) and spend the money you saved by not buying the W7 and get a little more power if you are concerned about mathcing the RMS of the sub and the amp (you shouldn't be by the way, if it only takes 100W to get a sub rated to handle 2kW loud enough for you, then giving it 100W is not underpowering it.)

Me personally I would get the XXX (they should finally be shipping again here soon) and spend the money you saved by not buying the W7 and get a little more power if you are concerned about mathcing the RMS of the sub and the amp (you shouldn't be by the way, if it only takes 100W to get a sub rated to handle 2kW loud enough for you, then giving it 100W is not underpowering it.)
WHAT???? first, i would not save that much money to afford a better amp. the W7 is only $150 more. and 100w, my current one is 800w and it is not too loud i just wanted to get a new sub that is better quality, not louder or softer... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

You completely missed my point, that being that if your sub gets loud enough for you with less than the rated power being fed to it then it is not underpowered. That make sense now? Ratings are how much the sub can take and are not how much the sub needs. Once you realize that you will stop overanalyzing this and just get the sub you want.

haha again you are wrong.... the RMS is not an amount of how much it couuld take, it is the optimum performance zone. providing less wats than the RMS will not extract the subs full potential, not to say it still wont be great, but it wont be its best. thats why i said underpowered, not it wouldn't work, just not optimum!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/present.gif.046205b11bb0957af93450bd4cc53e1b.gif

haha again you are wrong.... the RMS is not an amount of how much it couuld take, it is the optimum performance zone. providing less wats than the RMS will not extract the subs full potential, not to say it still wont be great, but it wont be its best. thats why i said underpowered, not it wouldn't work, just not optimum!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/present.gif.046205b11bb0957af93450bd4cc53e1b.gif
WOW! You just completely dissed helotaxi. That's wrong. He knows his ****! If I was you, I'd listen to him.

You don't have to always put the RMS into the sub to get it's full potenial. The box plays a HUGE roll in powering your subs.

You foool.

well not to tell any on they are wrong by me, but accorrding to JL Audio there RMS Power guide on their website says exactly what i tried to say.

All Helotaxi was saying is that if you get a sub, put 100 watts to it and it's loud enough for you. Then for you it isn't underpowered because YOU think it's loud enough.

If you think that with 100 watts, it isn't loud at all, but with 2000 watts it is loud enough, then 2000 watts is now what you need. He wasn't saying that the woofer works best with 100 watts, or anythign crazy like that.

I'd take the XXX over the w7. It's always nice to show people up with something they think is a no name brand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i'd forget about putting 600 on the 10w7. the site may say its close to the RMS, but everywhere i've been to look at w7's, Ovation, Great Sounds in Muncie, and Auto Sounds in G-Burg all say to get the maximum performance to put the 1000/1 or another amp that puts out 1000 watts at 3 ohms, however if yur after JUST SQ, then more power to u.

If I were helotaxi I wouldn't dignify that with a response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...