Filling screw holes in MDF subwoofer enclosure

If you’re doing any type of gloss or semigloss finish, use bondo. I always use a texture of some type on mine to save time. Hiding screws with gloss paint is a little difficult. On this one I bought a little bag of texture at Home Depot that I added into a gallon of primer (thinned down), and rolled it on.. I do enclosures often, and the spray paint textures are expensive. There is a stone paint that sprays on a nice texture also. It takes at least 2 cans to spray a whole box, but it is faster and easier. You can spray any color over it that you want. You can fill the screw holes once, sand them down a bit and just spray a texture. Doing a high gloss finish, you’ll really need to do a lot of sanding and hiding seams. This one was very easy to paint. The texture hid everything basically.
5BDA328F-0A5B-45DA-AEB3-F102A5714D1A.jpeg

depends how deep the holes are. body filler (bondo) will shrink and pull if its too thick, just like primer will. wood glue mixed with sawdust, or wood glue and a dowell cut flush makes for good filler that stays bonded and reacts with the surrounding wood just the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
GoT_2B_BuMpN
No Conway, New Hampshire
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views