Factory Bose speakers, aftermarket amp/subwoofer audio sync issues

Participant count
  • Participants list

Tmx20SC
10+ year member

Bass In Your Face!
South, Tx
Recently purchased a 22 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum with "premium" Bose speakers. Decided to hookup an aftermarket amp/subwoofer after tapping the bose amp (pre), and now there is a latency or audio offset between the bose speakers and aftermarket sub. Anyone else have this issue, and if you did, how did you remedy the issue?

@1aespinoza Unfortunately my amp does not have the phase switch. Wouldn't that just affect signal polarity? Anyway, I did try to tap into the Bose subwoofer wires and after I did that, when I would raise the volume on the radio, it would decrease the volume on my aftermarket sub, weird.

I haven't tried the speakers, but I assume it has a bandpass from the Bose amp, which is why I did not want to tap them. Only thing that worries me, is if I go through the hassle of removing the 3rd row seats and tapping new wires, I will have the same problem of bass reduction while increasing volume on the speakers.

I did try to tap into the Bose subwoofer wires and after I did that, when I would raise the volume on the radio, it would decrease the volume on my aftermarket sub, weird.
That is good news. In the sense that you had no delay. What you experienced there is Auto Volume Leveling. It is a feature designed to protect the weak OEM subwoofer from over excursion. To overcome that, you need a Line Output Converter with signal leveling. The LC2i Pro by Audio Control has a feature called Accu Bass that is designed to defeat that feature.

@1aespinoza I see, so this audio volume leveling is what I was experiencing tapping into the Bose sub wires. Well then, I'm off to check out the LC2i. Thanks for taking time out of your day and helping me with this issue. It is greatly appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...