F150 Reg Cab Pioneer/Focal/JL

Participant count
  • Participant list

MysticMathias

CarAudio.com Recruit
Just finished installing my Focal components and Pioneer GMDX-975 in a 2-way active configuration. Here’s some pics of the door. I’ll post pics of the Head-unit later. Sub and box haven’t been purchased yet. Have 2 layers of deadening on the outside door skin and one on the inner. 1/2 MDF rings coated in liner sealant. Butyl rope around rings and block off panel. Panel is 1/4” blown PVC. All connections are soldered and heat shrinked.

I need help setting my head unit max volume and amp gains. Anyone have an O scope or DD1 near Austin, TX? I’ll compensate you for your time.

Attachments

• 091DC902-B6DD-4348-8C61-59266B7573CB.jpeg
    091DC902-B6DD-4348-8C61-59266B7573CB.jpeg
    735.4 KB · Views: 191
  • CC54C89B-1DF8-4515-87E2-FFAFD423D05A.jpeg
    CC54C89B-1DF8-4515-87E2-FFAFD423D05A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 205
  • A908592C-4A34-402B-AA5C-4F819E278393.jpeg
    A908592C-4A34-402B-AA5C-4F819E278393.jpeg
    988.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Maybe you can come by and do my mustang doors haha. I have them kinda done but didn’t go all out but I’m regretting it now. I need to deaden the actual door panel. I’m only a couple hours from Austin.

Maybe you can come by and do my mustang doors haha. I have them kinda done but didn’t go all out but I’m regretting it now. I need to deaden the actual door panel. I’m only a couple hours from Austin.
Running pink noise and using my RTA app, most of my peaks to be in the mid bass range, 90hz - 400hz.
I have excessive mid-bass in this install. Sure pays to put in the time.

Hell yeah.... wish I knew someone with an Oscope so I can set my HU volume and gains. I don’t trust my ears. Or could someone put an Oscope on a Pioneer 1500NEX? Max volume is 40.
all the pioneer double dins i've tested is clean at max volume but most people tune it for 36-38 to have some room on the volume knob for songs with weaker recording levels.

I mean if your goal is SQ, the limit is when things start sounding shitty, ear piercing and unbearable for long listening. Just because you have all that power doesnt mean you need to use all of it to achieve the results you need, speakers dont need that much power to get pretty respectably loud, key thing to having a lot of power is to keep distortion levels low while getting clean and loud output which you should easily achieve.

Last edited:
all the pioneer double dins i've tested is clean at max volume but most people tune it for 36-38 to have some room on the volume knob for songs with weaker recording levels.

I mean if your goal is SQ, the limit is when things start sounding shitty, ear piercing and unbearable for long listening. Just because you have all that power doesnt mean you need to use all of it to achieve the results you need, speakers dont need that much power to get pretty respectably loud, key thing to having a lot of power is to keep distortion levels low while getting clean and loud output which you should easily achieve.
I've set gains at volume 35. So, apparently these focals broke in today. HOLY **** they sound good. All that resonance in some frequencies are gone... I literally thought i broke something when I got off of work and started listening. All of my eq settings need to be completely redone. But it sounds amazing.

I’ve come to the realization that I don’t want a 12” sub. I’m pretty dead set on running 3 way active without rebuying everything. Thought about some 8” woofers in my rear panels on a 6 channel amp crossed at 100hz what do you guys think? I’m not a bass head and think a 12” would be too much.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.