Evolutions (WACK ASS CAR AUDIO STORE)

RidinSwangaz
10+ year member

ƬɧȝĐʁɐɴʞM&
They are right outside of Ardmore, Ok. I just moved here from texas & looking for a local box builder I go there, & they build some decent looking boxes, & I said can you build me a box for a DD2515a Tuned to 35hz 3.3cubes? They said sir you CAN NOT tune a box, I was like are you joking? They said they have been doing this for countless years, & Yet they have no clue how to tune a box? F^ck them ********.

& the funny thing is everybody around her is obsessed with them...

They are right outside of Ardmore, Ok. I just moved here from texas & looking for a local box builder I go there, & they build some decent looking boxes, & I said can you build me a box for a DD2515a Tuned to 35hz 3.3cubes? They said sir you CAN NOT tune a box, I was like are you joking? They said they have been doing this for countless years, & Yet they have no clue how to tune a box? F^ck them ********.
& the funny thing is everybody around her is obsessed with them...
did you stop and ask them to describe how a slot ported box is made? then id ask what or how they choose the length of the slot its self/..then id ask if u cant tune why does the length differ with sound and certain freq...pretty much id show then numerous sites and ways that they are wrong. also id access some meca site showing what PPL ARE TUNED TO AND BLAH BLAH

Post up their phone number. I will give them a call and tell them I need a slot ported, 4.5ft^3 box tuned to 36hz and see what they say...

EDIT: found it: (580) 657-8055 but as I figured, they are closed... I will give them a call tomorrow...

Post up their phone number. I will give them a call and tell them I need a slot ported, 4.5ft^3 box tuned to 36hz and see what they say...

EDIT: found it: (580) 657-8055 but as I figured, they are closed... I will give them a call tomorrow...
Do it. Yeah they got ported boxes too, I guess they are waiting to **** someones woofer up

update?

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Your right. they told me they can't tune boxes because they don't have "the proper equipment". **** thats pure ****. What a joke!!!

what a hole in the wall , they can't afford a calculator??

Called him, I recorded it but it was long and he played off the tuning well. He was only concerned with how many cubes the box ran, but he never denied tuning a box. I asked him what he recommended for a Type-R 12, he said 2.5-3.3 cubes, which off the top of his head, no too bad. I told him I was into competition and wanted a 36 hz box so he wanted to make it now a 3.8 cubes box lol. I asked him how much the price was, he said "with the tuning and all, about $200." Then he randomly started talking about how his friend hit 155.8 in the port (Port Wars) with 2 rockford T2s, lol whatttt, he must've made that guys box.

Overall though, I tried to bring up tuning a few times and he played it off well, props to him. He was a pretty cool guy too so I can't rag on him, he did a fine job assisting me as a customer.

Went in there to acutally check out the shop....db drive & sony crap everywere saying best on the market, I said hey man, Want to buy a DD2515, He said no I'm a dealer I can get them for 100 each, I asked a buddy how much they ran he said for dealers 200, & I looked on dd's website & he aint even a dealer..

Another update..

Was looking for an amp, A Hifonics one, A friend told me he had it, I went up there & He said it puts out 1200 watts (True) I said do you happen to know at what ohm? He said oh ya, 1, 2, 4, 8 Anyone you want it will put out 1200, I said really, I said thats VERY hard to believe, Not only unlikely, But impossible, He said look here, I own the audio store I know...D-BAG!

Why are you messin with this guy? just go in there and show him up in front of all his pals and customers and start your own shop.

They only amp I know of that puts out the same power on 1,2,4 ohms is my PG Xeon 600.1.

You should report him to the better busines bural...

Why are you messin with this guy? just go in there and show him up in front of all his pals and customers and start your own shop.
They only amp I know of that puts out the same power on 1,2,4 ohms is my PG Xeon 600.1.

You should report him to the better busines bural...
The same reason I would mess with you for driving a cavalier & having a sony deck, You know better.

not really the same reason... He is not running a clean and knowledgeable shop

This sony deck is fine. I rather have this than most other deck out there because of the features it has. Your raggin on a cavalier that get great gas milage and saves me a ton of money and is paid off

Dodge Charger

6 cyl, 2.7 L, Automatic 4-spd, Regular 18 26

Dodge Charger

6 cyl, 3.5 L, Automatic 5-spd, Regular 17 24

Dodge Charger

8 cyl, 5.7 L, Automatic 5-spd, Regular 15 23

Dodge Charger

8 cyl, 6.1 L, Automatic 5-spd, Premium 13 18

Dodge Charger AWD

6 cyl, 3.5 L, Automatic 5-spd, Regular 15 22

Dodge Charger AWD

8 cyl, 5.7 L, Automatic 5-spd, Regular 15 22

Chevrolet Cavalier

4 cyl, 2.2 L, Automatic 4-spd, Regular 21 30

Chevrolet Cavalier

4 cyl, 2.2 L, Manual 5-spd, Regular 22 30

We have a place just like that where im from. It's called American, they sell everything from car audio to fridges. Went in there when i got into car audio looking for a nice 2500rms amp, they pointed at the mtx "3k" go thats your best bet. Almost bought it too, but went home to do some research. Found out it was 1500rms and could get it for a few hundred cheaper online. Places need to do more research about the product that they are selling before they put it on the shelf to sell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

RidinSwangaz

10+ year member
ƬɧȝĐʁɐɴʞM&
RidinSwangaz
Texas/Oklahoma
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies