Escape to Bass - Build

Got the head unit in... gonna be a pain when the cables to power the amps get here and I have to pull it out to run the RCA's and remote wire. At least I can listen to my USB's again.

20210913-1252161.jpg

All cables in, bass is loud and tomorrow I will put in the new 6x8's in the front doors. Got the 300a breaker under the hood. Forgot the fuse at the amp, will do that tomorrow as well. Though the gain hasn't been moved since the G6 so I am sure it is pretty safe up to max head unit volume still.

Attachments

• 20210916_171631.jpg
    20210916_171631.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 41
I was listening to my stock front door 6x8's yesterday and noticed my passenger door speaker sounded more hollow. When I installed the new 6x8's I discovered the window motor is a Delphi... in a Ford. Then I thought why would they replace the motor, the Escape is in good shape. Then I noticed the entire vapor barrier is gone, just gone. So I took the stock speaker out and noticed a pile of shattered glass in the bottom of the door. So when I get my permanent door speakers (midbass speakers) I will clean out the door better, sound deaden it then make my own vapor barriers in each door.

I am running the new speakers with the head unit. It makes it obvious why amplifiers are needed. I hooked up the remote for the sub amp. The bass in the Escape is louder than the G6's. SUV's make me happy.

I am planning the next part of the build (running new speaker wires to the front doors) and it looks like I will have to do like I did on my G6's. Drill holes from inside each door just below the factory wire harness in the doors, grommet them then loom the wires and zip tie them to the OEM harness in the door jams. I like drilling holes so it's all good.

Not sure what 6x8 midbass to use. I think I will run my Kappa Perfect 300m's and some tweeters up high again with midbass in the doors.

Why not just use Stinger 9 Wire? Ford & Stinger wiring can handle that 4 channel you have and makes everything a ton easier. Did it on mine and I'm running 150 watts through those wires with no issues at all right now on the pair of 6.5" CDT Mid Bass that will be changed out to Stevens Audio MB-6 Midbass. Also have a set of Rockford Fosgate P1683's sitting here as well I can drop down to you as well for like 10 bucks plus the shipping. I have no use for them anymore. I just gotta take them out of the rear doors as I have two sets sitting here and a set of Memphis 6X8's as well. Thinking of upgrading anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...