EQ -vs- X-over

Participant count
  • Participant list

Matt
10+ year member

I have been beatin my head over if i should just let my HU take care of it or if i should add a EQ or a X-over. I can get better imaging with an EQ, but will it cause trouble with my built in EQ? UGH UGH UGH Ramos/Zane come one and all. Calrion has a nice X-over with a remote bass level control. I have a friend who works for Circuit City and he had the Rockford Fosgate Symetry X-over and he said it totally stunk, with the added expansion card and still no improvement. Anything? I have a Pioneer DEH-P7300. All speakers will be run through amplifiers.

I would say start off with a crossover. When using a multi amp system. It is a necesitie (SP?) Your speakers will love you for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif It will help your smaller speakers from distoring while trying to reproduce the lower bass they were not designed for.

Now I will be using component speakers with their own cross-over, will the sound quality improve with cutting the low end from the higher mid-range? Not my mid bass I still dont have a clue for that, i was thinking of 8's but i dont know if that will be too much for the Explorer. Now for supurbe SQ, could i use a EQ upfront for added sound imaging? Or will it diminish the signal? Or bump it up to a much clearer sound? Have you had alot of luck with running a center channel? Any tips? hehehe I have seen them mounted in the vent on the dash couldn't even see it, but you could tell a big difference. Thanx for your input Ramos, do you do any work with Adire subs? Im looking to make a custom box for 2 15" Tempest's with a Harrison Labs 1600 running them. I stil havent descided on a good sturdy 4 channel amp yet, looking for great SQ, any tips? Think i could e-mail yah and give me some input on a good box? Thanx alot sorry its so many ?'s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Matt

10+ year member
Matt
Long Island NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from